Can you import birds from other countries…?

cupcake

Jul 28, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all,

I tried google for this but couldn’t find much… and I’m sure I’m not the first person to think about this, BUT…

Does anyone know if you can import birds to/from America/Australia? For example, Macaws are cheap in the US, where in AU they’re extremely expensive, and vice versa for galahs/cockatoos. I saw someone selling a pair of black cockatoos for $20,000 in America, here they are about $500 hand raised!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
i think looking at a countries quarentine restrictions would give you a good idea

Leahzebelle

Aug 7, 2011
Vancouver, WA.
Parrots
1 Goffins Cockatoo. 1 Green Cheek Conure. 3 Parakeets.
Personally, i don't think it's worth the savings. Do you have any idea how many scams there are out there? If it's out of country you're even less likely to get your money back depending on the method of payment. You'll probably lose your money and never receive your bird.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
It's illegal to import parrots into Australia. They have very strict rules about that these days. I would rather purchase a B&G here, we really do have less diseases in our parrots.

Plus the price is dropping as more exotics become available.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
you can export from australia, and there are lots of strict rules nowdays.

Most Reactions

Latest posts