Can't believe I get to work with this guy!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
He is beautiful.

From what I understand, behavior wise they are in many ways closer to macaws than large toos. Less needy, more playful.

Based on my first few days with him, I would agree with that. He is really fun to play with too! Seeing him start dancing, turning bright red and doing his unique little whistling tune is something else.

Come on now that's not fair, you can't taunt us without coming up with the goods - video pleeeeease :D

OP
OrnithAudrey

OrnithAudrey

May 26, 2015
Katy, TX
Parrots
At home: Clover- Alexandrine, Sage- Moustache parakeet
At work: Rio- Hyacinth macaw, Major- Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Fruit Loop- Keel-billed toucan, Bayju- Black palm cockatoo
And up until now, I thought my Alex was the biggest, baddest wood destroyer in town. Bayju has gone through all of the thickest wood toys we had on hand and three manzanita perches already :eek: We installed the thickest perches we had and some smaller, short pieces sporadically throughout to entice him to chew on those instead. We'll see how long they last :54:

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
And up until now, I thought my Alex was the biggest, baddest wood destroyer in town. Bayju has gone through all of the thickest wood toys we had on hand and three manzanita perches already :eek: We installed the thickest perches we had and some smaller, short pieces sporadically throughout to entice him to chew on those instead. We'll see how long they last :54:

Oh oh, do we get to take running bets?!?!? I give perches 2, 4 and 7 exactly 27 hours and 54 minutes! :21::21::21:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Thanks for the additional pics. I think everyone here is truly jealous of you. We all love Bayju he is a marvelous bird. Thanks again.

Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
GORGEOUS. wow, thank you for sharing and yes, please please post more about him. :)

Most Reactions