Can't tell if my cockatiel is in pain..HELP!!

TeenageBirdMom

Dec 5, 2013
Media
MD
Parrots
Apollo-Sun Conure
Skuttle- Cockatiel
Sprite & Sierra- keets
Toshae- Cockatoo
Monae- Female eclectus
Bonca- Male Ekkie
So I have a Cockatiel that I rescued about a year ago named Skuttle, at first she did not like to be touched or handled in any way, but over the past few months, she has become very social and loves to have me handle and preen her. She usually will make loud shrill chirps to catch my attention, and cling to her cage door so that I will take her out.
However today she's began to make short quick "schreeches" for no apparent reason. It's the same noise that she makes when one of my other birds try and share her food bowl, or when I acceidentally preen a feather that is not ready yet. I can't tell if this is a behavior or if there is something wrong with her. Besides the strange schreeching she is very relaxed and eating the same amount as usual. Any sugguestions on what to make of this?? Somebody??? :confused: :yellow1:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I would almost question if she is posturing or displaying in any way, although my line of thinking doesn't quite match the noise she would be making.

It is possible that something is up and she might need to see an avian vet. A feather could be out of place or maybe her skin is bothering her? Any way to get a video of it?

Most Reactions

Latest posts