CBD Oil???

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
I just read an article about how products for pets that claim to contain CBD actually contain little to no CBD. And it's highly unregulated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/all-bark-no-bite-some-cbd-pet-products-contain-virtually-n1111841

That the problem and not just for pets being the problem, but stuff on market is pretty much is to fool people out of money and not as it seems and on false claims. Instead of repeating, I just copied what I wrote earlier.

Where to start with CBD oil. I keep it simple without the THC, it fake pretty much and has no benefit. Just another way to scam people out of hard earn bucks pretty much. The real stuff with THC may, or may not has some medicinal benefits, but depends on how it was processed as no FDA or processed in an FDA approved facility. The stuff available at most shops are made from a different plant species than ā€œmedical marijuana".

It the same issue that causing the vape deaths, it not the nicotine products for the most part, but the illegal vape THC cartridges causing the deaths as Vitamin E acetate is sometimes used to dilute THC oil in vape cartridges. As it get the greasy vitamin E acetate in their lungs. It to cut corners pretty much. That what you have to worry about.

The different between Hemp, or Marijuana? Yes the CBD with less than 0.3% THC level is the stuff you see everywhere flooding the market.

Although marijuana and hemp can both come from the cannabis sativa family, they're distinctly different. Marijuana is bushier with broader leaves, while hemp is leaner with shinier leaves. It's differences in their chemical composition that really set them apart, though. More than 100 chemical cannabinoids are found in cannabis, but the amount of these cannabinoids differs dramatically between hemp and marijuana. Marijuana's most common cannabinoid is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) -- the chemical cannabinoid associated with the plant's psychoactive effect. In marijuana, THC levels can reach 30%, depending on the strain, but THC levels in hemp are less than 0.3%.

The low levels of THC in hemp mean that, unlike marijuana, it has historically been used for industrial purposes. Hemp's rapid growth and strong fibers made it ideal for crafting durable rope, clothing, sail, and paper.
Although hemp won't get you high to sum it up.

Compared with other myths, this one is exceptionally perilous and potentially dangerous. Letā€™s start with the fact that although the CBD itself is being better researched every week, and the results are promising, it is nowhere near to being recognized as a medicine on its own? Second, the studies concern pure CBD, not CBD oils, or hemp/cannabis/marijuana as such (though many studies of the latter do attribute some of their subjectsā€™ effects to CBD). Any medical statements in line of ā€œCBD hemp oil heals this or thatā€, are not only cynically foraging on the hopes of consumers, they are simply illegal! This issue is so sad ā€” as a result of irresponsible marketing (also whisper campaigns), often based on horrendous statements like ā€œCBD oil cures cancerā€, the whole market, including honest manufacturers, could suffer.

Most the CBD hemp oils available in shops and shelf everywhere pretty much have nothing to do with medical marijuana. Firstly: they are made from a different plant species than ā€œmedical marijuanaā€. Second: only a very specific form of cannabis (unpollinated female inflorescences) can be called ā€œmarijuana.ā€ Last, but not least, even marijuana itself and ā€žmedical marijuanaā€ are two very different things, the latter being, of course, subject to dozens of strict regulations. We can see, then, that the CBD hemp oils are three major degrees of separation away from the ā€žmedical marijuanaā€: different species, different preparation, different product class ā€” comparing it with medical marijuana, is like calling a Orange a Apple yes both are fruits, but clearly not the same.

Where medical marijuana market is well regulated, then you have real medical-grade CBD oils available ā€” such oils are made from plants used to obtain medical marijuana, and meeting the purity requirements for pharmacological products and that stuff offer benefits everything else you have to be careful as not regulated and you will then have quacks and frauds of all sorts are trying to cash in consumersā€™ naivety and good will, advertising CBD hemp oils as universal panacea, and making irresponsible medical statements. Now with all that stated, so good for keeping it simple? I won't recommend for birds as still a lot of unknowns for humans as no real standard set in place yet?

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
There is one CBD Oil that has been FDA approved. It's called Epidiolex and it was approved in June 2018.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...ent-derived-marijuana-treat-rare-severe-forms

CBD Oil has many health benefits. The most well known benefit is seizure control.
In 2017 my son had the worst year ever with seizures. July of 2018 he had the worst EEG ever. He had 80 seizure bursts of activity during his sleep deprived EEG and he was breaking through on two anti-convulsant meds. His Neurologist wanted to add another. I had been doing a lot of research on CBD Oil and asked if he would be onboard to allow us to try CBD Oil rather than add a third anti-seizure med.
His seizures had gotten so bad, that I had to give him his emergency medication to stop them.
I started him on CBD Oil at the recommended mg/kg dose and every 8 hours was the best delivery for seizure control. Two weeks later he had a mild seizure and came out of it on his own without me having to give him his Midazolam. I increased his dose and he hasn't had a seizure since.
His last EEG he had only two mild bursts of seizure activity. And to this day he has NOT had another seizure.

I wouldn't give it to Levi unless of course he needed it and his Vet was overseeing it.
But, I wanted to share that it indeed is helping many people and my boy is proof.

Last edited:

Zwallace

Feb 11, 2020
If I were you, I'd be more careful with CBD oils because they can be quite addictive. If you feel like having some kind of drug addiction (especially marijuana).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
There is no evidence to back up that statement. Actually, the evidence is on the contrary, they are using it to help with withdrawal from addiction.

CBD OIL FOR ADDICTION RECOVERY

Compelling scientific evidence has revealed that CBD oil may be an effective method for treating some substance abuse related symptoms. As with most chronic illnesses, addiction is a disease that may have episodes of relapse and remission. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reported that in 2014, 21.5 million Americans were in need of therapeutic treatment for addiction. Because CBD is not addictive and non-psychoactive, it may serve as the panacea for reducing the cravings and anxiety experienced by individuals suffering from addiction. CBDā€™s capacity to regulate the bodyā€™s dopamine receptors is the key to providing relief for the following withdrawal symptoms:

* Excessive hunger
* Sleep issues
* Lethargy
* Muscle pain
* Disorientation and mental confusion
* Nausea
* Agitation and mood swings
* Cold and sweaty outbreaks

https://www.recoveryconnection.com/what-is-cbd-oil/

Most Reactions

Latest posts