Chance9461 joins community

chance9461

Apr 11, 2013
We have a mixed history of Bird ownership. In my youth I had Parakeets and Homing Pigeons. About 24 Years ago, we acquired a Goffin Cockatoo and then added 2 Rosebreasts in the last 5 Years. We belong to a large BirdClub and Rescue with over 200 Members and most members have 2 or more Birds.
Our meetings are a bit noisy, but it is a Blessing.

We put on Public shows and book over 30 Events including Senior Residences, Schools, and Street Fairs. We repeat many venues at least once Annually. At times we have requests we simply can't fit in and we travel over 100 miles from our area. This is in addition to a Monthly meeting with activities and Rescue Operations.

Each and every Rescue is Vet-checked, given a cage, a bag of pellets, and a TOY! Members provide funds through fund raisers and donations.

I hope to read and learn more from the Forums here.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum .You sure have come to the right place .We would love to see pictures of your flock:)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hmmm, sounds like the powers that be around here need to set you up with your own training forum.....

Welcome to the forum.....

OP
C

chance9461

Apr 11, 2013
Welcome to the forum .You sure have come to the right place .We would love to see pictures of your flock:)

Maybe in the future. Don't mean to spoil things for many but I found out that there are Internet sites which can provide locations for the IP address or the Email address of the users. Meaning that where you live can be shown with GPS coordinates unless you use a remote host to break the home path.

Need to learn more about this myself, but tried these sites and found location of Spam originator, all by myself, by backtracking Email. Now I need to learn how I can isolate myself from someone knowing my house address. Its' scary, someone could steal my birds.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Most people generally don't worry about photos giving away their location, or they don't know how photos may carry that information. People who own expensive birds may think differently about this.

If you love taking photos, but afraid to share them, you can always take a 'screen shot' of the image on your computer, then cut the image out of the screen shot using an image editing program, and past that! This will allow all information 'stored' in the image to be removed, so the only thing that might be traceable is where it was uploaded from if you use a website that records the location, time and date the image was uploaded.

The biggest concern is usually scammers stealing images and then trying to sell said birds to unsuspecting buyers when the scammer doesn't have the bird at all... so some people have taken to watermarking their images.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a very active club! Wish mine was as active!

Most Reactions