Chancers

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
About a two weeks ago I bought Milo a new cage a his was getting a bit rusty. After 5 years I suppose he needed a new house, lol.

So I was planning on giving his cage away for free to someone who could sandblasting and redo the cage, but needed something bigger for their baby.

So, I advertised on the local classifieds, not mentioning price as I felt strongly that as long as they don't put a too large parrot in the cage and have it redone before using it, I don't mind not making any money on it.

After posting the ad I actually changed my mind and decided to donate the cage to our local parrot rescue.

Anyway, today I get a call from a guy enquiring about the cage, so I told him sorry, it is already gone. His reply was that that was a shame, as on Saturday he walked outside and found an African Grey in his back yard, and is now looking for a cage for it.

After putting the phone down, my gut told me that you would only be looking at buying a cage if you we're planning on keeping the parrot. And that just won't do. Someone is probably desperately looking for their baby out there.

So I got onto Facebook and the local classifieds and found 2 people who recently lost their African Greys. Phoned both of them and supplied them with the gentlemen's number as both were still searching for theirs.

I haven't heard anything back yet, but please hold thumbs that at least one of them gets reunited with their grey!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I am not familiar with the term "hold thumbs" is that like "keep your fingers crossed" as in "keep hoping"?

OP
miloslave

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Exactly that, Lol. This is actually quite interesting, I've always assumed that that is an international gesture/expression.

OP
miloslave

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Update: Spoke to one of the people I got a hold of yesterday. He traced the man who had the parrot and had to get the police involved before the man handed over the parrot. They had him in a budgie cage and wanted a reward.

He says that the ring has been removed and the poor parrot is very traumatized and very quiet at the moment.

I am just so happy she is back in good hands!

Most Reactions

Latest posts