Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Amazing and profound story of Charley. He's such a ham! It really is remarkable how resilient fids can be, with what so many stories. In your siggy ''I lost my mind but found my soul" I think you helped him find his soul again! :smile015:
That is beautiful, Shawn, thank you for that!

That is a neat story! How very interesting that he makes a surgical incision and extracts and replaced. Lol sounds like you have some gems in foraging ideas you could be sharing with us less creative parronts! Look forward to more stories!
Thank you, Laura! I am lucky in a way with making toys. We have so many birds that no matter what I throw together, someone will end up liking it. We use a lot of different sized boxes, paper bags, rolled seagrass mats, basically anything I can put stuff in for them to search for (that's safe).

I find this to be one of the most heart-warming stories on the forum. Charley hit the jackpot the day he found you, Terr!

And I definitely co-sign with Triggs: More stories from your flock!

I will get on that, HT:) And thank you again for your sweet words.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

That is all

And Chris, I love this! That works for me :) <3 <3 <3

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Terry! I had no idea you'd added a cocky to your flock! Good on you!

They're certainly not like any other bird I've kept and it's lots of work, keeping up with the constant need for meaningful occupation. BUT - in return, you get the most amazing rewards and I totally understand how easy it must be for you to love your Charley so intensely. I'm in awe of your decision to try and help this poor, needy boy. I'm even *more* in awe of your success! I don't s'pose you could post another photo of Charley for us to admire? :)

PS. Do you still have Dactyl? I often wonder how he's going.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you, Trish! I will try to get a pic of him this evening:)
We do still have Dactyl, he is doing great! His favourite thing to do is pound wood into bits with his beak like a woodpecker.

Most Reactions