May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I asked ChatGPT some bird questions, and it gave pretty good advice! It's crazy that ChatGPT is an AI and not a person. I find it very cool.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Hehe, I see I'm not the only one here who uses AI botsπŸ˜…
I've never used ChatGPT but I know it and have seen how others use it.

(the site I use is more complicated because there are many different characters... and I think that ChatGPT is more reliable because it's just one bot which will answer what it knows)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I had to give it a try too.
pretty interesting.
Started out asking about lifespan of YNA.
Got a standard answer of 60 years but 80 is possible with proper food and care.
But the AI seemed to think I was looking to buy one so it wrote a paragraph about how difficult they are to are for and what a commitment they are.

So I asked a follow up. I asked.
What about African greys? The AI came back with average life expectancy for African Grey parrots without asking the full question.
Again it wrote a cautionary paragraph about how difficult they are to care for and the importance of avian vet visits.
I told the AI that my CAG is very nervous about going to the vet, what can I do about that.
It gave me 5 suggestions some of them might be helpful.

Then I asked something I haven’t been able to learn here on the PF.
In North America what is the normal breeding season for CAG’s.
AI’s answer was Feb- May. That seems to track with Bella’s behavior of late.
Then the AI gave me 2 paragraphs of warnings about the difficulties in breeding African greys and recommended I keep my bird as a pet and not try to breed her.

So I explained I was asking for behavioral reasons not out of a desire to breed my CAG.
AI’s response was like a list of hormonal behavior to expect from my Grey.

Overall experience was like talking to an individual who knew a lot about parrots.

If the could just set it up like Alexa so there was an app that would respond to voice commands and questions.

Most Reactions