Chickens Training Me!!

wingsNthings

Mar 13, 2016
Texas
Parrots
Casey the Budgerigar and Wyatt the Cockatiel
This forum is non feathered pets, and chickens are feathered but it seems like the best place for this one.

So, I'll start by saying chickens make this alarm call when they see anything tht scares them, a cat, hawk, scary rug, etc. Whenever I hear them making this sound I go outside to check the neighborhood cats aren't attempting to have a chicken snack(yes, I'm watching you, Taco). The chickens have learned I will come when they make this sound, and do it on and off all morning until someone lets them out the coop.

Thought it was funny and wanted to share...:)

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
This forum is non feathered pets, and chickens are feathered but it seems like the best place for this one.

So, I'll start by saying chickens make this alarm call when they see anything tht scares them, a cat, hawk, scary rug, etc. Whenever I hear them making this sound I go outside to check the neighborhood cats aren't attempting to have a chicken snack(yes, I'm watching you, Taco). The chickens have learned I will come when they make this sound, and do it on and off all morning until someone lets them out the coop.

Thought it was funny and wanted to share...:)

I have never been around chickens. A friend is suppose to get a few. I can't wait to visit them :)

Thanks for the story i enjoyed it

OP
W

wingsNthings

Mar 13, 2016
Texas
Parrots
Casey the Budgerigar and Wyatt the Cockatiel
Another thing...when I'm looking under the stepping stones in the backyard for worms and grubs to feed the turtles, some of them come running to 'help' and demand a reward...namely those worms I am trying to collect!

Most Reactions

Latest posts