Chili flying (videos)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
We've been working on flying lately; Chili loves it and it really gets rid of her extra energy lol she's getting better and better every day...she's not quite consistent yet, but at least she'll fly back to her cage from the ps3 now when I say "go to your house", and come to me when I call her (most of the time lol)

Here are some slow motion videos of a few flights over the last couple weeks, the last one was today
[ame=http://youtu.be/NpqxXI-jgBA]Fly - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/GVr3NgCVteU]Fly2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/GQEFozXHHJ4]Fly3 - YouTube[/ame]

Landing in the wrong place lol

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Wait till flying doesn't wear her out she will be doing laps around your head:)

She looks like she's enjoying it and I love the head tilt in the one video. She looks like she's expecting her praise about how awesome she is!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh jeese lol I know how that feels though- my 2 yr old son has endless energy these days!! Those 2 definitely have me busy! Lol

Thankfully she does it with just verbal praise, and she loves her praise LOL occasionally I have to get a treat out, like the other day when I needed her to fly down from the top of the kitchen cabinets :rolleyes: *sigh* yes, mommmmmm....

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Nice job, Chili! My girl only seems to fly if she's startled. We need to work on just doing it for fun and when I ask her to...

Maybe I'll show her Chili's videos, and she might get the hang of it :D

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I had to start out getting her to fly to me from a foot away- it was a hop/fly thing, but she did it and we went from there...slowly increasing the distance between us, and once she started getting her flight feathers back in she realized her abilities lol her confidence with flying has grown so much!! She used to only fly in a (somewhat) straight line, now she can maneuver and the other day she flew a circle in the living room then came in the bathroom and flew a mini circle and landed on the door lol.

Just take baby steps and see where it takes you! [emoji4]

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, Shirre, what great videos! Chili is doing great!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
We've been working on flying lately; Chili loves it and it really gets rid of her extra energy lol she's getting better and better every day...she's not quite consistent yet, but at least she'll fly back to her cage from the ps3 now when I say "go to your house", and come to me when I call her (most of the time lol)

Here are some slow motion videos of a few flights over the last couple weeks, the last one was today
Fly - YouTube

Fly2 - YouTube

Fly3 - YouTube

Landing in the wrong place lol

Thank You SO MUCH for sharing that Shirre!! I REALLY enjoyed watching them
The picture is BEAUTIFUL with the sun coming through like that

Rissa enjoyed it too "we're going to have to teach our baby that right" ... Yes Rissa :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Thanks Joe! [emoji4]

Rissa will have SO much fun teaching your new baby to fly!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
She's doing such a good job flying to you Shirre!!!! A few of mine would fly to me rather I want them to or not. They like to either sit on my head or patrol everything I'm doing as they're nosey....lol

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Thanks Michael!

HA!!! A walking bird perch that provides entertainment and treats- no wonder they like sitting on your head! [emoji6][emoji4]

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
My bird flew onto my head. Gave me a fright. :D If I could get her toilet trained, I mightn't mind her sitting up there.... We need to do a lot of training.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Gorgeous girl, Chili! Dommie wants to know if you will marry him? He thinks you're HOT! :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
My bird flew onto my head. Gave me a fright. :D If I could get her toilet trained, I mightn't mind her sitting up there.... We need to do a lot of training.

Lol! What- you don't like her natural hair conditioner she surprises you with? [emoji6][emoji51]

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Gorgeous girl, Chili! Dommie wants to know if you will marry him? He thinks you're HOT! :)

Oh my!! Chili's first love! I wonder how their long-distance relationship will work out? Lol Dommie needs to send her a video of his proposal [emoji4]

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Lol! What- you don't like her natural hair conditioner she surprises you with? [emoji6][emoji51]
I wouldn't know what presents she leaves for me, it's bad enough trying to see what she might have done on my bedcovers without needing to inspect the top of my head. :D

Most Reactions