Chiqui and her bath!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I was gone for a few days and busy when I got back so the last few days haven't been full of time. But today I was able to spend some time with the fids and Chiqui needed a bath. Today is the first time she has gotten into it and walked toward the spray. She started on top of the cage and ended as close as she could get to me!
So cute.

[ame="http://youtu.be/_mtrvd19SRo"]Chiqui bath time! - YouTube[/ame]

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Few things in this world have such sheer joy as an amazon getting a bath. Thanks for sharing your beautiful girl and her beautiful bath!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
It's nice to see when they actually love it :). Mine don't, but they get it anyway!

Just a heads up... I'd wipe the powder coated cage dry with a towel after. I made the mistake of letting one get wet outside (unused under a cover) through a few times when rain got in around the cover.. and also used it like you do, spraying water on it. Well, I have a feeling that it was the water that sped up the rusting and aging of the powder coat finish on that particular cage.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Hmmm didn't think about that!
Maybe I'll have to move her to a perch from now on.

GWMYR

Apr 20, 2015
Parrots
Ruby Macaw.
I was gone for a few days and busy when I got back so the last few days haven't been full of time. But today I was able to spend some time with the fids and Chiqui needed a bath. Today is the first time she has gotten into it and walked toward the spray. She started on top of the cage and ended as close as she could get to me!
So cute.

Chiqui bath time! - YouTube

Cute & nice zon you have there. This reminds me of giving my mac a bath tomorrow when the sun is up!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chiqui was sure loving that! It is so special when they enjoy it for the first time...I still remember when my Alex stopped being afraid of water and began to enjoy it...made me cry tears of joy:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts