Chloes got some new feathers!!!!!!!!!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Check out these feathers on her chest!!!! Woooooooo!!! I have had her 11 months now!!!! She is 25 this year.

I hope she gets more in!!!

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
It almost looks like she might be over preening them, any advice???? I am willing to any new toys that will help and tell her daily that if she won't stop i tell her that i will stick a sock on her!! ( :p) I need to buy a cow bell for her, bells are her fav right now.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Thank you Monica!

She came to me with chest down feathers on her chest and shoulders! I got her at the end of June last year, and my bf and I have been showering her in attention and toys! She does have new feathers in on her chest but I do not see any other pins. I saw pins a few weeks ago on her head only. My fiance and I just wish to see her happy and healthy. It makes me so sad to know that my aunt shut her away in a room and neglected her to the point of pulling her own feathers out. Don't worry....karma has already came to her in March at the fullest point. I have no problem telling anyone here that the amazon and grey came from my aunt who neglected her birds because she is mentally ill......and it has all come full circle and we just need to all be happy that her birds are in a great home now and growing feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
One thing with birds that have feather destructive behaviors is to learn to love them the way they are! If they ever do regrow their feathers or learn to leave them be, that's fantastic! But if not, well, it can be a difficult task trying to completely stop the behavior! Not impossible, but difficult! Although, it may be rather simple through clicker training! I've never tried it myself, so can't say.

Even if you can get a bird to stop the FDB, they may or may not ever grow back their feathers - depending on what damage may have happened to the feather follicles.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
What a cute face and whether she grows them back or not it sounds like you are giving her a wonderful home. Thanks for rescuing her from what sounds like a horrible life.:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts