Chopper

Superxdude

Jul 31, 2013
South Korea
Parrots
Chopper - Sun Conure
We picked up a 2.5 month old Sun Conure about 3 weeks ago. There are not alot of bird dealers here in South Korea.

Chopper was a little guy but has grown. It took him less that 3 days to get accustomed to us.

I've got a few questions as our last Sun was a little older.

1. Do younger birds get tired early on? Chopper gets VERY cranky around 630 pm and nothing will quiet him down except for covering his cage.

2. We have an open top cage and he's free to wander the top, in fact he spends most of his time there or on my shoulder. Is is bad to spoil him with this much shoulder time?

Thanks for any advice!

imyk.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
In my personal experience, all birds want to eat dinner and go to bed when the sun is going down so, if he is on your shoulder at 6:30 pm and gets cranky, he is, most likely, hungry for his dinner. But, generally speaking, yes, younger birds do need more rest than adults (same as children).

You can't really go by me but, if you want my opinion, I think all birds should be out of a cage all day long and if they don't have another bird for company, they should definitely be with their owners.

OP
S

Superxdude

Jul 31, 2013
South Korea
Parrots
Chopper - Sun Conure
Thank you Pajarita. I added a pic to the original post. He loves/hates belly rubs and "wrestles" to kind of get away. He does love neck rubs and contorts his neck to make sure all spots are rubbed.

btw we hope its a boy...not sure of the female form of Chopper...Chopette?

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
I will give you same heads up that I got (i found a sun conure recently and no one claimed him so he's now mine).. and I spoiled him so much he has had small issues being left home alone... So let him get accustomed to his cage to a degree as well so he can have fun in there also.. :)

OP
S

Superxdude

Jul 31, 2013
South Korea
Parrots
Chopper - Sun Conure
We love his little baby noises he makes.

He's got plenty of toys in his cage, with more on the way.

We're growing his wings back too, they were clipped very short.

He can almost fly to me from his cage, which he tries at least 2-3 times a day.

Most Reactions