Not open for further replies.
OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I'm sorry if some people on this forum don't understand my "stricter" viewpoint on this matter but to me, budgies should never be considered to be dress-up toys or put through the things Chrissy has been subjected to by this 15 year old.
There is another post on this forum where the poster talks about two previous budgies and how they bled every time they took a bath and that's how they both died from blood loss. Were the budgies being allowed to bath on their own or....??

http://www.parrotforums.com/budgies-parakeets/66272-bird-i-really-never-knew.html

I look at the overall posting history of an individual, not just a particular thread when I determine how I respond to specific situations.

And, with all due respect poster #18, I don't agree with "cutting anyone slack" when it comes to health, safety and the well-being of the animals in question.
If a child has a pet and the parents are not involved enough to ensure the animal is getting the appropriate care it needs, then that child should not have pets until they are mature enough and financially able to ensure the animal is cared for as it should be.
Many young people show a great deal more maturity at a younger age than I have seen from the original poster of this thread.

In the Youtube video link below, her lovebird somehow shattered a mirrored toy and the broken pieces of glass are at the cage's bottom yet the poster doesn't check the lovebird for injuries and doesn't remove the glass right away.
She will do it later as she needs to do something downstairs.
If the lovebird happens to go to the bottom and injure the feet or God forbid play with the pieces and ingest glass in the process, no big deal for her.

Jordan broke the mirror! - YouTube

And here is a link to avideo about making budgie harnesses: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLORNIxkxnKD_bBlizGDp_GaCHQXSmmaDZ

Budgies are much too small and fragile to be subjected to being placed in a harness.
Their bones can easily be broken with barely any force whatsoever to say nothing of the emotional trauma the poor birds would be subjected to.

Everyone can (and will) draw their own conclusions on regarding these matters but for any truely experienced budgie owner the truth is there ifyou take the time to look for it rather than making excuses for inexperience or age.

If the parents aren't involved enough to put a stop to these things then, in my personal opinion, the child should not have pets.
Not getting vet care for a budgie that has been attacked by a cat, not having money for a quarantine or hospital cage, running out and getting another budgie because you think the one you have is going to die, etc., using the excuse that someone else must have said the budgie was already dead, etc. shows the level of dishonesty, immaturity and cavalier attitude that is indicative of someone not ready to own animals at this stage in their life.

Please leave me alone.
I don't care about your opinion.
And how in the world did you find my YouTube channel?
Anyway, just leave me alone. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.
Plenty of budgies wear harnesses. I shared this harness idea with others on g+, I'm getting positive feedback. It's just YOU that thinks it's wrong.
And Jordan had no injuries, I checked.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I'm sorry if some people on this forum don't understand my "stricter" viewpoint on this matter but to me, budgies should never be considered to be dress-up toys or put through the things Chrissy has been subjected to by this 15 year old.

And, with all due respect poster #18, I don't agree with "cutting anyone slack" when it comes to health, safety and the well-being of the animals in question..

FYI, poster #18 may have a name!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

And, with all due respect poster #18, I don't agree with "cutting anyone slack" when it comes to health, safety and the well-being of the animals in question..

I completely agree, David! Using a person's name actually shows the "all due respect".

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots

I completely agree, David! Using a person's name actually shows the "all due respect".
I really appreciate that! I was just logging back on to remove the gasoline from the fire!
I replied to Deboreh(FaeryBee) from an emotional defense posture, which is wrong!
My statement about cutting slack was only about maturity! If, at fifteen, if I was in the technology age where we are now, I would not have a life!
(Digression) Well beyond retirement age, I still don't quite know what I want to be when I ever grow up!
At age 15, me? My best friend was in the hospital because an explosive device we made went very wrong! I owned a rifle and killed anything that wasn't human! I also grew up in an environment, that you were fully responsible for your pet! Which ment, when it was time, it was your responsibility to kill your friend! (I find the term,'putting to sleep', very offensive!
My point? Kids now days, like me, find it cool to be 'published' Facebook, YouTube, etc! They do not understand there is no way to undo the stupid times! I do information research as part of my living, and time after time, sitting with friends, they will say something stupid their child(teen) did. I will ask a couple simple questions, and in 2-3 minutes, I will pull it up through the 'net'!
They don't understand this is forever information!

LadyE

Jan 6, 2017
Parrots
Indian Ringneck-Kico
2 Budgies-Kiki&Lora
I find that post very confusing or I'm misding something?
"I owned a rifle and killed anything that wasn't human! I also grew up in an environment, that you were fully responsible for your pet! " those 2 sentences don't go together in the same post no way! My understanding of this-you owned a rifle(at 15?!?) and killed everything that's not a human which to me is animals then. Yet you knew you're responsible for your pet implying that you also had a pet? This 2 things to me are not at all reasonable,how can you have an animals and go on killing other animals? Which is why I would never also understand hunting,killing animals for fun! I find it reasonable when people hunt for food but when they hunt for fun lurking from somewhere ans killing poor defensless animals it's very disturbing and incredibly pathetic. Anyway in case I understood this wrong I apologize,but I still believe you could have left that part untold,like people say don't give them ideas...
And also feel sorry for those poor budgies but this kid too. Kid is a kid,doesn't understans well what he's doing but parents should be the ones having complete control over the situation and taking responsability. Kid saying with 15 wants to work to have money for it's pets is a bit not understandable to me. My kid would surely have a pet but it would't have to do everything by itself for that animal and could always ask for my help. And also I would be overlooking them both ofc so that animal doesn't suffer and so that my kid learns right way how to act with animals. To this kid I'm saying sorry for being harsh at some points but you have to understand that people are thing in best interest for both you and your birds and saying you shouldn't have a pet NOW doesn't mean you're a bad person or doing everything wrong but it takes time to learn some things and you should take that time. I was evn younger when I got my first bird and honestly if anyone would try to stop me in getting it I would fight for it but guess what-I was wrong. I should have waited a while to get a bird. My lack of knowledge,experience and young age costed 1 bird it's life and 20 years later I still remember that traumatic experince so think about it will you like to have a death of your pet at some time maybe on your conscience? Just because you had no idea you're doing it wrong.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
"I owned a rifle and killed anything that wasn't human! I also grew up in an environment, that you were fully responsible for your pet! " those 2 sentences don't go together in the same post no way! My understanding of this-you owned a rifle(at 15?!?) and killed everything that's not a human which to me is animals then. Yet you knew you're responsible for your pet implying that you also had a pet? This 2 things to me are not at all reasonable,how can you have an animals and go on killing other animals? Which is why I would never also understand hunting,killing animals for fun! I find it reasonable when people hunt for food but when they hunt for fun lurking from somewhere ans killing poor defensless animals it's very disturbing and incredibly pathetic. Anyway in case I understood this wrong I apologize,but I still believe you could have left that part untold,like people say don't give them ideas...
And also feel sorry for those poor budgies but this kid too. Kid is a kid,doesn't understans well what he's doing but parents should be the ones having complete control over the situation and taking responsability. Kid saying with 15 wants to work to have money for it's pets is a bit not understandable to me. My kid would surely have a pet but it would't have to do everything by itself for that animal and could always ask for my help. And also I would be overlooking them both ofc so that animal doesn't suffer and so that my kid learns right way how to act with animals. To this kid I'm saying sorry for being harsh at some points but you have to understand that people are thing in best interest for both you and your birds and saying you shouldn't have a pet NOW doesn't mean you're a bad person or doing everything wrong but it takes time to learn some things and you should take that time. I was evn younger when I got my first bird and honestly if anyone would try to stop me in getting it I would fight for it but guess what-I was wrong. I should have waited a while to get a bird. My lack of knowledge,experience and young age costed 1 bird it's life and 20 years later I still remember that traumatic experince so think about it will you like to have a death of your pet at some time maybe on your conscience? Just because you had no idea you're doing it wrong.
Interesting reply! Yes, you missed the point! Immaturity is very conflicted, especially when it comes to a male! Yes, my first firearm was at 10 years old!
FYI, the guide with my first rife said to be responsible and only shoot things like English Sparrows or Blue Jays! I kid you not!
You are blessed to have lead a perfect life, many of are not.
Point? If the ugly is posted in social media, it is really hard to regain any self respect! (edit)People can and do change! If given a chance!

Last edited:
OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies

I did my research before getting birds. Trust me, you should see my search history and how many books on caring, taming and training birds I've got. Trust me, I don't need this many books. And I'll be getting a job when I'm 16 a legal age. I've been planing for the moment I get a job for years, even before birds.
I accept your apology for being harsh at times.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
With respect to all who participated, this thread has drifted irrevocably far from the original intent.

This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts