cleaning kitchen floors

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
just a quick post here....I need to clean my kitchen floor, what do you use that is safe....I was thinking of vinegar and water?

I now have two parents in my eating area which is just off the kitchen, so I want to make sure what ever I use won't harm them:D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I agree with Sandy, I too use either vinegar with water (even though the smell DOES get to me), a steam cleaner OR hot water with some Simple Green. :)

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
You can also use lemon juice/
Also as far as the smell goes, you really don't need much and it dissipates quickly.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I just realized I said 'parents' not parrots, oh wow what a day ;)
I'll try both and see which one I like better, thanks!

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
I use Thieves mixed with water and a few drops of peppermint and lemon essential oils to mop floors and clean counter tops for our dogs safety, but I haven't tried it on any of Kiwi's stuff. For her things (bowls, playtop etc.) I either use grapeseed extract diluted with water, or vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Thieves-Household-Cleaner-14-4-fl/dp/B0016A8Z32]Amazon.com: Thieves Household Cleaner - 14.4 fl. oz.: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

I've only had Kiwi for two weeks, so this is just my two cents :) :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
so I decided to use lemon rather than vinegar because of the smell.

it worked great!!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I recently bought a steam cleaner, which works great and I don't have to use any chemical cleaners :D (I have a toddler as well as fids)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots

Most Reactions