the importance of knowing a bird before.....

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
ok, maybe I should have known better, but thought it just might work....not!!

Last weekend I took my cousins two birds, a Pionus, and a Jardine.

for the past week, I have listened to nothing but screaming, screeching, and squawking from the Pionus, who was suppose to be the more relaxed one....not so.
The Jardine has surprised us all, and has rolled with all the punches a new house can bring.....4 cats, 3 dogs, loud music, t.v. coming, going, friends, company etc....
she has not even batted an eyelash since she has been here, such a sweetheart....now if she just would stop biting me every time I pick her up everything will be fine,lol....but that will come with time and training.

As for the Pionus, all I can say is I returned her back to my cousin today, and he was very relaxed and calmed right down once he was back to his original home, not a peep out of him.

Here, all he did was screeched every time she saw one of my four cats, or three dogs, which was almost all the time.
He got very upset when I let the dogs out of the crates, hated it when they crossed in front of his cage to be let out....oh my gosh. he was just use to a quieter house hold, and not meant to be here....

He is as noisy as a large conure!!,my husband counted 15 ba, ba ba's this morning straight thru. My poor son who is Autistic couldn't handle him any more, so I now have the ever so quiet Jardine, and bless her heart.

Wendy- you must be psychic, you called it perfectly--so now you can crack up,LOL

this has worked out for the best, for everyone, but still sad to see Edgar go,
He was strikingly beautiful, had a gentleness about him, and never bit, not once.My poor daughter was very attached to Edgar, and cried most of the morning, but understood why we had to give him back.

No more loud birds for us --ever!
my hat goes off to those of you who own loud birds- you are truly dedicated, tolerant loving owners.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh Beth, I'm SO sorry it didn't work out with Edgar. :(

Goes to show you how each bird is an individual. I swear, I didn't jynx you, I didn't even have a hunch....I was merely cracking a funny last week.

Here, I'll put a smile on your face: I'll work on your new signature first thing tomorrow morning.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh Beth, I'm SO sorry it didn't work out with Edgar. :(

Goes to show you how each bird is an individual. I swear, I didn't jynx you, I didn't even have a hunch....I was merely cracking a funny last week.

Here, I'll put a smile on your face: I'll work on your new signature first thing tomorrow morning.

oh I know Wendy,,,,what I said was meant to be a joke too :D

I'll send you a new photo to take place of Edgar....gee now who will I pick?lol

Most Reactions