Clever boy!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd never poops on me and never has I'm very glad to say. I have noticed over time that he generally goes in a few chosen places when he is out which is very good of him I always think. The last couple of days I have noticed that he has chosen a new place. It is easy clean for me but today I watched. He was on my shoulder, he suddenly jumped off, went to this new place, carefully looked below and then up went his tail. He then checked again and looked at me with an expression that I can only describe as pride with a look of 'well did you see how I did that?' Clever boy!! That earned a treat. You can do that again! :35:

1oldparroter

Nov 4, 2019
Waiteville, WV
Parrots
I am 71, married and fairly private. I have PM privileges but prefer the phone. Printed messages, are so limited. jh
if only all birds were that good. jh

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
if only all birds were that good. jh

I think he does recognise the word because when it is coming up to bedtime and I move him to his sleep cage I often tell him to have something to eat and poop before we go and he usually does both. He definitely knows his bedtime routine and gets all excited. I don't otherwise demand that he poop to order because I have read that it can be harmful but it tickled me to see him working it out today.

Hootnhollerbirdtoys

Sep 4, 2019
Parrots
Blue/gold macaw, double yellow headed amazon and rainbow lorikeets
They learn so quickly! I’ve been using certain phrases when mine go poop, but not sure they’ve caught on just yet.. or they’re ignoring me!

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
LOL! He just did it again. This is obviously this week's new trick. Bless him!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Yoda is a little smarty pants... he knows if he flies to a perch and poops he gets a treat... so Trigger sees this and likes to fly to a perch, pretend to poop and says the command phrase (Fire in the hole!), then puts up a paw expecting treats.... sneaky little devil! :D

Luciana

Nov 14, 2018
Yoda is a little smarty pants... he knows if he flies to a perch and poops he gets a treat... so Trigger sees this and likes to fly to a perch, pretend to poop and says the command phrase (Fire in the hole!), then puts up a paw expecting treats.... sneaky little devil! :D

Pretend to poop!! hahahah that's so hilarious, and how does he go about it?! Total clowns those boys! Too funny to just imagine. :32::D:D

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
When he poops, he always fluffs up first and then kinda squats, leaning backwards. So he does all of that but nothing comes out... we call it the Ninja poop. ;)

Most Reactions