Cockatiel shaking

fourcoded

Jan 31, 2024
Parrots
cockatiel
hey so i got a cockatiel a few days ago and shes 11 weeks old. She keeps shaking violently when I’m near her but still lets me hold her and pet her. she only stops shaking when I play a specific audio, is this normal behavior?

I’m not sure if she’s just scared of me but she’s been climbing onto my shoulders recently too

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Congratulations on your new bird! She could very well just be nervous; she’s had some crazy life changes to get used to! Be very slow, gentle, and patient with her and she should gradually settle down and learn to trust you. ❤️

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
hey so i got a cockatiel a few days ago and shes 11 weeks old. She keeps shaking violently when I’m near her but still lets me hold her and pet her. she only stops shaking when I play a specific audio, is this normal behavior?

I’m not sure if she’s just scared of me but she’s been climbing onto my shoulders recently too
yes, she might be nervous, but I also had the experience that my bird was cold. I think it might be that she is nervous. but you can try putting in a birdie heater, one special for birds, and it could comfort her...

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
Yes she's most likely scared. If that tune comforts her then go ahead and play it when your near so that she associates you with positive feelings

petunia

Jan 8, 2024
Parrots
Sit near her and softly read to her in a calm voice so she can get used to you.,remember, she is working on a new routine and it may take awhile. In the meantime you might want to call an avian vet and see if they have any answers

Most Reactions

Latest posts