Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so very sorry for your loss of Jay. You did everything you possibly could, and my heart aches for you. I hope you are able to find a new place soon, I can't imagine how hard it must be to stay there now.
You are in my prayers.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Terrible! I wish we could grieve in your stead to spare you this pain.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am shocked, horrified, and terribly saddened by this turn of events. My deepest condolences for your loss of Jay. Deep respect for your tireless search for answers and a cure. I too would depart that nightmare of an apartment with callous room mates as soon as possible.

saurian

Sep 26, 2019
My room. 24/7.
Parrots
Mister, Budgie, 2008-17
I'm in tears right now, for a bird I didn't know of before reading this... I don't know, though. The roommates seem off. Foul play may be at hand here, and if that is the case, I hope whoever is responsible gets their comeuppance.

Rest In Peace, gorgeous girl. I am so sorry for your loss.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
That bad and shocked and horrified, I was hoping for the best. Like a couple other I strongly suspect foul play as well? The fact CBC and other tests came back normal, the second vet stated it and they believe she is being poisoned and the pattern as well every Tuesday as you stated? I never seen a Infection, or disease act like that and dealt with birds with ABV/PDD and ETC over the years.

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I am so very sorry! I would have such a hard time keeping my grief from turning to rage under your circumstances!

I know when my daughter was living with me, she thought it was perfectly acceptable to squirt JoJo when he was being loud! Since she knew how much it upset me, she came up with the perfect solution! She lied!

OP
S

Skiatha

Sep 3, 2019
Thank you all for your kind wishes and condolences.
It's been hard to come to terms with all that's happened and with my roommates, but I have found another place to move to and will be getting everything settled in the next week or so. Jay was a good girl and she didn't deserve to have passed in such a horrible way. My family had a small funeral ceremony for her back at at home and we buried her under the tree that sat outside her window, along with her favorite toys and treats and a seed that she liked to play around with.

Perhaps it'll sprout and grow into something one day.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Moving is a good first step along the path of grieving. You need no daily reminders of the environment and possibly culpable room mates. Please know the process is uneven, we are here to support you.

Most Reactions