Please help me

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
If you are a Senegal expert or any bird expert, does this Senegal's claws look normal to you? I ask because my Senegal went missing and this picture was posted yesterday at the humane society. My Senegal has gray claws, however. Not whitish pink. I read, however, that it is a sign of trauma which she could very well have as she's been missing almost three weeks now.

Problem is I'm in central Florida and cant get through to them due to hurricane Dorian. They look exactly the same other than the claws. And the eye area appears to be distressed as if it is a sick. What do you think?
m8RjqRml.jpg

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Gosh, I wish I could help. I've never heard of parrot feet changing colors that dramatically, but there's a lot I don't know.

I hope someone else here can help!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I don't know either. I'd call my Vet and ask, if their feet could turn pale from stress.

You won't know if it's Peanut or not until you go and see for yourself.

When do you think it will be safe to travel?

I'll be praying it is Peanut and all is well.

OP
S

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
I put a message on there and they replied back that the bird is owned and was dropped off at a pet friendly shelter. It was very vague and left me wondering why they have a picture of it on their website if it was at a hurricane shelter, I don't understand. I messaged back, but they never replied back. I'm just really wondering if those claws look normal for a Senegal or a sign of trauma. It's possible someone found her prior to the hurricane and took her to the shelter before evacuating. It sure looks like her and not all senegals look 100% alike. I also told them I am in no way trying to claim anyone else's bird, I'm just looking for my own bird and following a lead I got from one of my flyers. No response though.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I put a message on there and they replied back that the bird is owned and was dropped off at a pet friendly shelter. It was very vague and left me wondering why they have a picture of it on their website if it was at a hurricane shelter, I don't understand. I messaged back, but they never replied back. I'm just really wondering if those claws look normal for a Senegal or a sign of trauma. It's possible someone found her prior to the hurricane and took her to the shelter before evacuating. It sure looks like her and not all senegals look 100% alike. I also told them I am in no way trying to claim anyone else's bird, I'm just looking for my own bird and following a lead I got from one of my flyers. No response though.

Is there any way to go to this place the bird is, and see if the bird recognizes you?? I'm assuming he would be happy to see you and would show signs of knowing you right away if it was your bird.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure

Most Reactions