Color identification and health assessment

mistywaterwoman

Jan 25, 2013
New Orleans, LA
Parrots
2 Peach-faced lovebirds (1 SeaGreen)
This is a pic of the baby that I was offered right before Christmas. Sadly, I wasn't prepared and had to turn it down, but I'm hoping to get one equally as beautiful this spring, from the same breeder.

birdy.jpg

I've been looking at photos and trying to figure out what color he/she is or would be, and the best I would come up with was seafoam pied?

Also, I am assuming those are pin feathers near her mouth, and she's not actually wet... my question is, would she be old enough to sell if she still had pin feathers? I don't want to end up handfeeding, since I am a bird novice. Does she look healthy otherwise?

I know the guys that are breeding them, and they are fantastic people, but I don't know if they are fantastic breeders...

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
This is a pic of the baby that I was offered right before Christmas. Sadly, I wasn't prepared and had to turn it down, but I'm hoping to get one equally as beautiful this spring, from the same breeder.

birdy.jpg

I've been looking at photos and trying to figure out what color he/she is or would be, and the best I would come up with was seafoam pied?

Also, I am assuming those are pin feathers near her mouth, and she's not actually wet... my question is, would she be old enough to sell if she still had pin feathers? I don't want to end up handfeeding, since I am a bird novice. Does she look healthy otherwise?

I know the guys that are breeding them, and they are fantastic people, but I don't know if they are fantastic breeders...

Pin feathers happen to all birds of all ages. Pin feathers in a young chick doesn't necessarily mean that they arn't weened and ready for a good home.

I'm terrible with identifying bird colour mutations, especially budgies. Maybe feathers first might have some imput soon :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels

birdy.jpg

Pin feathers happen to all birds of all ages. Pin feathers in a young chick doesn't necessarily mean that they arn't weened and ready for a good home.

I'm terrible with identifying bird colour mutations, especially budgies. Maybe feathers first might have some imput soon :)
That looks like a lovebird not a budgie

Most Reactions

Latest posts