Love bird lump under eye

waynest

Jan 30, 2013
Hi all, just found this site and wonder if anyone can help. Our lovebird developed a small lump under its eye just before christmas, we kept our eye on it and it seemed fine, the bird dosn't seem bothered at all. Over the last week the lump has started to grow a little, I just wondered if anyone may have any ideas? Thanks

Wayne

OP
W

waynest

Jan 30, 2013
I thought a pic might help

h53DBA8D8

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Either an infection or a tumor, and honestly, only something an avian vet can diagnose and possibly treat.

Please, take him/her in to an avian vet!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Sounds like time to see a vet:)

OP
W

waynest

Jan 30, 2013
yeah, we have, been given eye drops; now how the hell am I going to administer eye drops!?!?!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Hold the bird in one hand and steady head with either index finger and thumb or index finger and middle finger. If the bird bites, you can wrap the bird up in a towel and watch for signs of excessive stress, over-heating and suffocation.

Have eye dropper ready in other hand. Move the drop to above the birds eye, and when opened, administer the medication. Probably not easy with a struggling bird, but something you'll have to do for them.

I'm glad you were able to get your lovie to a vet! I would hope that the vet would have shown you how to administer the medications if you don't know how to, but regardless of that, I hope that the meds help!

Most Reactions