confused animals

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
Everyday when I feed the cats they are joined by my Silkie terrier (Jonah) and our one lone chicken... (we sold our checkens and one was never caught)....

Jonah finished eating before I found my phone to snap the photos... but here is the chicken with the cats....

IMG_20111103_180645.jpg

About a week ago I found my horse laying down sleeping, and nestled with her were 3 cats, my tiny dog, and our chicken.....

Ah... life on my looney farm.

We got rid of the ducks because we had to feed the cats on the picnic table, and evetually the ducks and dog would be on the picnic table with the cats....

I was so worried about our dog eating cat food, that I lowered the quality of cat food (per vets request because of the high level of protein carried in cat food.) So, after bedtime I throw good food to the cats and take it away when the dog goes out. The chicken refuses to eat anything but cat food....

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Next the chicken will be meowing instead of clucking. Very cute picture!

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Oh my goodness! I wish I could live where you live!!!

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
LOL, they're not confused, its all family. Reminds me of our home when I was growing up. Chickens, kitties, dogs & g pigs all in a pile.

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
When I walk around checking fence in the horse pasture I am followed by 4 horses, 3 cats, 1 dog, and that silly chicken.... I did have to draw a line when the chicken tried to follow me into the house :D

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
Kevin the Congo African Grey (DNA'd F) and Ra the Sun Conure
We have stray chickens right now (life in the country eh? presumably some **** fighting neighbor released them) whom the cats LOVE. they just follow the chickens around and share corn with them, not sure the chickens appreciate it but they don't mind the cats for company.

I'm glad i'm not the only one with silly chickens. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts