OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
That's a great idea! I could even hang a climbing netting on it whenever it's pulled across. Very cool! Thanks!

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
I got Ollie in July, she was fully flighted and is 8 years old. I did clip her wings and she is doing fine. I also have 2 German Shepherds and a greenwing macaw.. One GSD has high prey drive the other doesn't. My macaw it not to be trusted around a smaller bird so it was for safety. She also does not always stay on her play stand or cage, she glides or climbs off. I'm hoping that she will accept a harness because I do a lot of educational programs and she will be going out in public a lot. Clipping wings is a personal choice, for me it was the only choice, if she accepts the harness I will let her feathers grow back out.

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
My husband and I will be checking out his CAGS this Thursday. One of the breeder's babies has a double jointed outer toe, which he says doesn't cause him any difficulties at this point in time. He mentioned that he has to pop it back into place periodically after he's been climbing on his cage bars.

This baby has been marked down, and is supposedly a sweetheart. He also has 5 other babies from which to choose. One is missing his toe (someone chewed it off when she was really young :-()

If I fall in love with this one little 'double jointed' guy, could there potentially be any problems down the line with this foot and with his ability to perch/balance?

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
In twelve days our new baby boy CAG should be weaned! Everything's ready to go: cage, toys, perches, etc. SO EXCITED!!! Now I have to think of a name. I'm considering going with a Swahili name.

Most Reactions

Latest posts