considering getting a (female) eclectus in the future, have some Qs

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Endi

Sep 20, 2014
Reading, PA
Parrots
None yet, but looking to get one on the future! :)
If you're able to download ebooks, and have the money for it, The Ultimate Guide to Eclectus Parrots is a wonderful book, at least for a beginner.

The Ultimate Guide to Eclectus Parrots - Information and advice on Eclectus Parrots

I don't know what the community's opinion of the book is, but I read the whole thing front to back a few times and I found that it answered a lot of my questions and gave me a rounded understanding of Eclectus. Plus the author's stories about her own Ekkies are pretty hilarious and adorable!

As someone who is looking into getting an Eclectus in the future, I'd also recommend seeing if there's a rescue or something in your area that has Eclectus or other bird types to interact with. I was 80% sure I wanted an Ekkie until I met one at a local pet store. After that I was 100% sure an Ekkie was for me.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Ekkies are fascinating parrots, quite enigmatic. My female Vos is an incredible cuddler like a cockatoo, but can be very independent as well. Very gentle with me, but look out if she doesn't like you!!

Most Reactions