Conure is getting comfortable...

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Gotta admit...I have fallen for this little guy lol.

2015-11-05%2019.52.17_zpsqtewxnw0.jpg

2015-11-05%2019.51.25_zpsb6o2rzqb.jpg

Last edited:

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Gotta admit...I have fallen for this little guy lol.

You are making me VERY jealous!!! I wish I had a GCC... but don't have one yet LOL I cannot wait until I get my regular or yellow sided GCC :D How long have you had yours?

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Well, he is a Nanday Conure ;) He is on the small side however. He was originally my moms, but she had a bird pass and decided she couldn't handle something happening to another bird. I have had him for just a few days now.

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Well, he is a Nanday Conure ;) He is on the small side however. He was originally my moms, but she had a bird pass and decided she couldn't handle something happening to another bird. I have had him for just a few days now.

They look very similar to GCCs... very beautiful indeed :) I am only used to tiels... I CANNOT wait to see what it's like to have a conure.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Well look at him! He's made himself right at home, didn't he? :D That chop looks pretty scrumptious Stephen!!! He's won your heart right over, hasn't he? And what does Kyleigh think of the newest family member?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Stephen, are you sure your mom will want him back? If she decides it's too painful for her, you may have yet another bird :).

I love the colors of a Nanday. When you can see all the body colors, the turquoise chest and the red stockings, they are gorgeous.

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
Beautiful bird! Glad to see that he is feeling comfortable and eating his yummy chop.

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Well look at him! He's made himself right at home, didn't he? :D That chop looks pretty scrumptious Stephen!!! He's won your heart right over, hasn't he? And what does Kyleigh think of the newest family member?

Thanks Wendy! I'm pretty sure Kyleigh told West "Look buddy, you can share my cage, you can even have your own food bowl. But the big toys are mine, and don't think about getting on his left shoulder. It's been claimed as well."

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Stephen, are you sure your mom will want him back? If she decides it's too painful for her, you may have yet another bird :).

I love the colors of a Nanday. When you can see all the body colors, the turquoise chest and the red stockings, they are gorgeous.

She called me late last night and asked if I wanted him. I told her he can stay and be at my home, be with my flock, but she can see him any time she wants.

2 birds in my house now. Which so far hasn't been too bad. Kyleigh only gets jealous when toys are involved. She's labeled a few toys as hers and only hers. Chips, my parrotlet, has grown to absolutely love my mother in law. So he is with her. I never felt that that way about her. Lol. Bad joke sorry.

And my cockatiel is coming up on 3 weeks. He or she will be home around Christmas.

Most Reactions