Corn on the cob Yummmmmmmmmmm

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Anyone else tried this trick cut fresh corn on the cob in a wheel (about three rows is what Bogart can lift ) take a screw and screw it into the cob then hang it about a foot from a perch or hang out place and step away, it took Bogart about half a minute to figure it out he pulled up the string and holds the cob by the screw and plucks out one kernel at a time turns it around and squeese it pop for the center and drops it. He really looks forward to this and clean the cob and wait for another but if it doesn't come soon enough he picks it back up and shreads the cob. A fun time for all. Saw it on Naional Geographic tey used this test to gage the IQ of Crows and other birds by hanging a piece of apple on a string inside a Clear bottle and see how log it took them to figure how to get the treat.

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Would love to see a picture!! Sounds cute.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
sounds like a great idea. I will have to try it for sweetie pie. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
I do give our conure and cockatiels fresh corn on the cob..but I've never made it a "challenge" for them to figure out how to get it...however, they absolutely LOVE to devour it, I usually push a "disk" between the cage bars and they get super messy beaks while indulging :D

I'm going to do something like this next time though...you've raised my curiosity...how smart are my little FIDS anyway???

Thanks for the idea,

Toni

Most Reactions