cost of handfed well socialized blue crown

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
what is the average cost of a hand fed well socialized baby blue crown conure ? or how much did you pay for yours ?

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Don't have one, but I would say that $200-$400 is probably ideal from most breeders, with pet shops being $300-$600 in price.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
My Gilbert was $525 i think.

OP
Boysmom

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
I was just wondering as a friend just paid $750 for one and I thought that was outragously over priced.

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Lovebird~Precious, Sennie~Snoopy,Hahns Macaw~Fiona
It all depends on the area. My local breeders sell for $500-$600. I actually believe that if it was labeled a Mini-Macaw then the price would probably be $750 and up. Peace be to you.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I think the price SHOULD be in the $400-$600 range in my region, but since they have not been breeding well and they are harder to find, breeders probably could inflate their prices easily enough (and people would pay it if they wanted the bird). So that's possible....but $700's seems very high for a conure.

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
When I looked into getting a BCC I saw breeders selling them around here for 500$. Hopefully your friends new BCC hits it off great with her/him so the price doesn't matter.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Unfortunately they're priced around $450+ and you don't see them around much anymore as much as they once were. I think a lot of breeders are getting out of them as there's not a high demand for Blue Crowned Conure and with such shortage, the prices go up. I'm not a fan of Conures so that's one type I will not breed....

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Ohhhh MikeyTN how can you possibly not be a FAN!!! Didn't you know I'm mailing you both of mine for your Christmas gift??!! :) :) Mwahahahahaha

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
To tell you the truth, I almost got a Blue Crowned Conure because of Paulie....IF anyone who haven't seen that movie, you MUST see it!!!!!! You WILL fall in love with Paulie! I did....

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Ohhh no no no, two soul sucking stalker conures are getting all boxed up!! Petri even has a special chirp to let you know he wants in the shower with you. Merry Xmas!! lol :p

And I haven't seen Paulie yet!!! I really need to! Then I can show Rio who his new idle is. ...right now they think Margret the amazon is their "Big Green Goddess" *sigh*

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
[ame="http://youtu.be/i_dcjn6lspk"]http://youtu.be/i_dcjn6lspk[/ame]

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I can't embed the YouTube video, you just have to click on that link to watch the previews of Paulie! :)

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Well....Paulie has just been added to the family section on netflix....lucky me!

momto3

Mar 19, 2012
I recently purchased a hand fed, well-socialized Blue Crowned Conure baby. He was $400 and I paid an extra $19.50 to have him DNA sexed. The bird store near us was selling baby Blue Crowns for $850 and these came with a complete Avian vet exam, but no DNA. The Avian vet exam (which includes bloodwork) is a $250 value in my area. I was a hair away from purchasing the bird for $850, but the less expensive bird pretty much chose me.

momto3

Mar 19, 2012
I loved that movie and have seen it many times! It is much more fun to watch it now that I have a Blue Crowned. Be warned, however, the movie will make you ball your eyes out!!! My entire family cries each time we watch it--but it is a great movie about commitment and affection between owners and their birds.

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Would you please share reputable BCC breeder names? I'm in Southern California and have been looking for a breeder in either our area, or one that ships. Thanks!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I was just wondering as a friend just paid $750 for one and I thought that was outragously over priced.

I must wonder where one is to be buying a BCC for over $600... I know that birds in Canada tend to be more expensive than those in the USA...

Would you please share reputable BCC breeder names? I'm in Southern California and have been looking for a breeder in either our area, or one that ships. Thanks!

Breeders I know of and would trust (although I've never bought any birds from them)
Flights of Fantasy Aviary
DJ Feathers Aviary - Hand-fed Parrots & Avian Products - Caiques Conures Cockatiels Macaws Senegals Amazons

And these are the ones I can think of first off.

Most Reactions