crimson belly and sun

SunConureMom

Jun 23, 2012
USA
Parrots
Calie - (M. Sun Conure, hatched 3/12)
I was going to get an african grey but my daughter has been diagnosed with asthma and the dust worries me. I may be able to get a crimson belly conure instead. Would he get along with my sun conure? I know birds are all individuals but any advice is appreciated. They will both be young (4-6 months old). The sun is a male and I do not know the sex of the crimson belly. Thank you. I also attached a recent picture of Cali, our sun conure. He is getting yellow.:orange:

Attachments

• Cali 8-21-12.jpg
    Cali 8-21-12.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 154

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
There's no guarantee that any two birds will get along. It all depends from individual to individual. I have seen many examples of different conure species getting along with each other, but as I said, there is no guarantee. Also, keep in mind that a sun is quite a bit bigger than a crimson bellied, so you really need to watch them closely when they interact.

If you do decide to get the CBC, just make sure that you quarantine the new bird in a separate area for at least a month before introducing him/her to your sun conure. After the initial quarantine, you can then start to slowly and carefully introduce them to one another.

Most Reactions

Latest posts