Crochet bridge?

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
One of my best talents is crocheting, I know yarn isn't good to use but I thought I'd ask anyway. Could I make a crochet bridge? It will be solid.

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I would think if you used something appropriately dyed and kind of firm like sisal or even leather lace it would be fine. What you don't want is something that will fray and catch toes or beaks. Some of the the climbing nets are essentially macrame, lots of toys have rope and knots.

I'd avoid anything dyed with other than food-quality or known bird-safe dyes and anything that is very soft (would get chewed up in no time) or that sheds small fibers.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
One of my best talents is crocheting, I know yarn isn't good to use but I thought I'd ask anyway. Could I make a crochet bridge? It will be solid.

fingersmiley.gif

Depends what kind of yarn?
I am almost certain any bird would begin to chew on it tho.
Crocheting has a lot of little holes, throughout, I would be extremely worried a bird's claws will get stuck in the holes.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

Ok so let me ask this. I've crocheted strips of plastic grocery bags to make beach bags. I've also used strips of tshirts.

Would tshirts be ok? I've heard of tshirt toys. I know about the plastic I was just saying I can use anything to crochet. :)

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
I know that fleece is used alot of times for toys because it doesn't fray and leave threads that can catch their toes. I'm not sure how you would crochet with it (I also crochet, but would probably use braiding or macrame for this).

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
It probably would work if you got a heavy-duty thick material that wouldn't fray and you finger-crocheted it (unless you have a super big hook). I will try to look around for a good sturdy cotton rope.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

I just think crocheted things would look so neat in his cage. And I could use color. :) hmm...now my hamsters a runnin! Lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts