Dante

Birdbrain16

Sep 4, 2012
For Christmas one year my father bought me and my brother an African Congo, he was 12 weeks old. I was 7 and my brother was 9 at the time, my brother and I got his name from a tv show can't remember what show but Dante just seemed right for him. As he grew up he learned alot of noises and sounds, not to many words thoe. His favorite was the cell phone ring and call the dog.

Dante never became close with just one person, he liked the three of us. He would sleep upside down like a bat all the time and never understood why he did that I guess just liked it. Dante loved all food and hated the color red.

Dante only lived for 16 year, I have no idea why he died. I miss him toreabily I didnt think it would be this hard to let go but it is and when I think about him it brings tears to my eyes.:(

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Sorry to hear of Dante's passing. I feel for you as i have many longtime amazon pets,one for over 40 yrs. I guess it takes other bird peoples to realize what a significate part they play in our lives. Welcome to the forum. Hope you hang around , we always need longtime birdie parronts to help with the new birdie parronts.

PortaPerch

Apr 28, 2012
SurfCity, SoCalif
Parrots
Chewbaca, F. Galah, h10/10;
Greybeard, M. Congo AG h03/09
Hope you find a grey to fill that longing.

I've wondered about the head down sleeping, too. I'll start another thread on it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts