December 2021 POTM Contest!!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Just for fun
Pikachu asking for head scrstch, by showing what she wants. Of course I gave her a head scratches
20211216_090044.jpg
20211216_090041.jpg
20211216_090034.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Ta-dah does not like hands coming from above her head! The first one is her looking for a place to bite. The second is her mad face, and the 3rd is showing mad face and mad crouched body language View attachment 33090View attachment 33091View attachment 33092
Ok I staged that, because I know what makes her mad!
Then I made up and gave her cuddling to show she is really a sweet girl! Look how her expression changes@ taken just a few seconds apart, first I had to tell her sorry.
View attachment 33093View attachment 33094
Look at that sweet face! All forgiveness. The crouched down was in this one w as cuz I was petting face. If you compare with mad crouch, you will see she is back on hocks ready for lunge. Back of neck feathers are raised, beak Slightly open ready for bites, eyes pointed. In happy crouch leaning forward into hand, feathers smooth, beak more closed, relaxed eyes
Official is the second picture mad face!
Yay Laura and Ta-dah! Grumpiness without the chomp!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well, Willow’s official pic is the spiky hair photo.
That is one cute yellow Quaker. Yes, the “awkward head scratch while staring at you” is a good way to get one’s head scratched, just like beak-smacking noises can get a bird a treat.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Parrots
Moon the budgie (M, 2y.o)
Silvia the budgie (F, 1/2y.o)
It's spelled Silvia not Sylvia
This is my first time doing this, but I just need to find my birds in a grumpy mood.. like just when they wake up for before I put them to bed

Or maybe I should just take a picture of Silvia when I get home from school tomorrow
She is the definition of grumpy.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Here is Astro!

He...didn't approve of the star. :LOL:

Move over star! Astro is the star of the show now!!!!
View attachment 33166
He's too cute to be true!
...And I honestly can't tell if he's happy or grumpy. I'm guessing happy, because how could a budgie that sweet ever be grumpy?

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
I made Arno shower, and after I dried him off and put him in his bed, he refused to turn my direction! He never faces that way!
BBF572B0-FD59-4E54-BAEE-5A9BDE8A6E8F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2CF4B020-33F9-46CB-9C59-75CFD6E8B9CA.jpeg
    2CF4B020-33F9-46CB-9C59-75CFD6E8B9CA.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 88

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

I made Arno shower, and after I dried him off and put him in his bed, he refused to turn my direction! He never faces that way!
View attachment 33176
That's the hind end of grumpiness!

May I offer a gentle suggestion, please consider it from the heart! Sleeping huts often a hazard when parrots chew and swallow threads. Begins insidiously until significant material ingested causing serious harm or worse. Huts also potential trigger for unwanted hormonal activity. If still desired in cage, inspect daily for safety!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its the little fuzz that's dangerous, as are the chewing on a rope perches.
Conures really seem to enjoy ( need?) Them, try non or the less fuzzy types. B
put something like a yucca chip they can reach while in this cuts down chewing on bad stuff.

One of my quakers chews rope perches while caged, so I had to switch all the perches to non rope in her cage. Out of the Cage she leaves rope perches alone.

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ta-dah does not like hands coming from above her head! The first one is her looking for a place to bite. The second is her mad face, and the 3rd is showing mad face and mad crouched body language View attachment 33090View attachment 33091View attachment 33092
Ok I staged that, because I know what makes her mad!
Then I made up and gave her cuddling to show she is really a sweet girl! Look how her expression changes@ taken just a few seconds apart, first I had to tell her sorry.
View attachment 33093View attachment 33094
Look at that sweet face! All forgiveness. The crouched down was in this one w as cuz I was petting face. If you compare with mad crouch, you will see she is back on hocks ready for lunge. Back of neck feathers are raised, beak Slightly open ready for bites, eyes pointed. In happy crouch leaning forward into hand, feathers smooth, beak more closed, relaxed eyes
Official is the second picture mad face!
Ta-dah is definitely a girl who knows what she likes... Or doesn't! I honestly love how opinionated our birds can be, and how they go about telling us. It's what makes them special individuals. :)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA