Delilah

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
I just got a yellow turquoise grass parakeet. Her name is Delilah. She is somewhat more docile than I ever remember Bob being. She is quite sweet. I wish I could introduce her to Bob already, but not till April.

Attachments

• 2012-02-29_14-46-17_2-1.jpg
    2012-02-29_14-46-17_2-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 114

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
She's very cute! I just noticed you're from Denver. Do you have any local bird stores you like to go to?

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
I try to go to Bird Brain first, as it supports The Gabriel Foundation, and is very close. I got Bob at Bird World in Lakewood, I also got Delilah there, though I was not planning to (I only went with a friend to kill time and look at the birds). African Grey is also a good store. Bird World offers free grooming for small birds. They also periodically offer grooming for large birds, I do not know if this is free.

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
When you say Bird World I'm assuming you mean World of Birds (20th and Wadsworth)? I love that store! The owner is so nice and helpful. I was kinda wondering if you got Delilah there, because I noticed she usually has a lot of grass parakeets.

I haven't had a chance to check out African Grey or Bird Brain yet, although I plan to at some point. I really want to volunteer at the Gabriel Foundation this summer!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
congrats on your new birdie :) bob will be pleased :) she is very pretty

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Thanks all, and I did mean World of Birds. I do agree about the owner. She was willing to sell me Delilah and her cage and toys for a little more than half what Delilah was supposed to be for because Delilah's friends got sold about a week earlier. She also said that I should be able to house Delilah and Bob together. I will introduce them in April and assuming that it goes as expected get a new larger cage in may to put them in. If that doesn't work out I will get Bob a larger cage and put Delilah in Bob's current cage.

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Bob's doing good, has not done more than had brief glances of Delilah, I am trying to quarinteen them until April. I did discover that the bird store guessed wrong about Bob's sex. When I got her I was told that she was acting malish, but she kept her pearl coloring after her first molt. I wish I had found out before she knew her name.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I have a girl named Merlin. And a lot of people feel Rowdy is a boy's name as well, and she's a girl. Spiritbird has suggested a nice, new feminine spelling of Merlin's name and I think I'm going to start using it.

I guess you could try calling her Bobbi and see if she accepts that.

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
I like the name Bob for a female bird! I think it's funny. I was just watching a show on Animal Planet and there was a female cat named Larry. ;)

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Just got Delilah back from her well check. The vet said she looked good.

Most Reactions

Latest posts