Diffusers

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
I know I read on this site that some diffusers were safe, I just can't find the post. Can someone tell me what and if there are any scented diffusers that are safe. My birds don't smell bad at all but I have a daycare in the same general area. So with that being said you know I would really like to know of something other than boiled oranges I could use to keep it smelling fresh :)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
You can make your own scents, but you will be limited to natural essences that you make from boiling cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel oil, orange peel oil, lime peel oil, spearmint leaves, peppermint leaves and vanilla beans/pods.

Rather than having bowls of scent sitting around, you could use several narrow necked bottles, like maple syrup bottles, pour your boiled fragrance in the bottle, tie a ribbon around the neck, get 4-6 bamboo reeds to stick out of the bottle (3 or so inches), let the wicks soak up the fragrance liquid for an hour or so, then take them out of the jag/bottle & insert them the opposite way and you have a safe fragrance wicking jar/bottle…..the secret is to use a jar/bottle with a small neck…..

Most Reactions

Latest posts