Dinner tonight..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
.. My buddy DJ came by,and I had purchased two nice sirloin steaks to throw on the grill. Unfortunately,I was out of propane so we had to broil them :(.
A couple spuds,a can of 'shrooms,and some corn nibs..turned out excellent!

I had the kids join us. Amy sat on her T perch on the kitchen table,as the Beebs hung out on whoever's shoulder he wanted. He wasn't interested in any grub,he just wanted to run threw our plates and cause havoc,so he was remanded back to his house,after an incident I will post in the 'tiel section.

however,Amy sat contently on her perch. I offered her first a piece of baked 'tater,that she really enjoyed! She slowly nibbled away at it ( usually after just a few bites,she'll just tear it a part and throw it away). Tonight,she just nibbled and nibbled, I watched in amazement as she ate not one...but THREE good sized pieces..then I offered her the corn nibs,stuck to my fork,and she ended up chowing down on prolly six or seven nibs,eating the whole thing.

I let her tummy settle abit,and offered her a small piece of the sirloin,which she pulled right off the fork,and are the whole piece. Again, I watched intently,as she methodically ate little by little,not dropping or throwing away any bit of it. She ended up munching down on three small pieces :)

I think she totally enjoyed herself,sitting with DJ and I,at the kitchen table,as we ate and talked to her..She didn't make a fuss,or a mess..it was a very pleasant dinner and great time!

Jim

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Great news a good time was enjoyed by all and Amy was good. BTW I am really not sure re the red meat for Amy? You hear of so many things pumped into it these days and we are told to restrict our red meat consumption.

This may be interesting to read http://parrotcomforts.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/why-meat-is-no-no.html

With a little thought next time the birds can share the good time with healthy food of their own?

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/38571/roasted-sweet-potato-quinoa-salad.aspx how about this with a dressing on the side for everyone?

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A great dinner with an Amazon fully involved in properly enjoying it! An Amazon quietly enjoying dinner and everyone gets excited that some change has occurred! Come-on, every now and again, Amazons enjoy a quiet dinner also. However, they will take note and assure that the next event will contain the normal 'share-it-with-the-World' approach to dinner! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts