Jan 14, 2014
Media
Delanco, N.J.
Parrots
double yellowhead
chaco bluefront
yellow nape
Jan.28, 2014

I keep telling my 3 birds to STOP spilling seed onto the kitchen floor. For some reason they don't seem to listen. Every time I clean the cages and the kitchen floor, they just throw out the seeds with no regard to what I say. Is there any way to get the respect that I deserve ? LOL

Gordon :red1::blue1::blue:

Last edited:

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Whahahaha!!! Respect you deserve?? Humpff!! They will respect you for picking up after them...maybe....if you're lucky...and you give them treats and cuddles ;)

Mine doesn't mess with his food at all, all foodie messes are contained in the cage. But he tosses toys everywhere (which then prompty get stolen by my pug puppy) and poops just anywhere his heart desires ;)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Nothing you can really do to make them stop LOL You can try adding something to the perch/cage to catch the seeds. Rosie has a java stand on my computer desk, I often find myself protecting my coffee, and picking pellets out of my hair as she flings them all over haha

For cage liner I buy newsprint, you can get it in rolls, or on a art pad, a big stack can be purchased online cheaply. I've never liked liners that are left in, it isn't as sanitary as starting completely clean each morning.

newsprint_mainR2.jpg

OP
Motogordo

Motogordo

Jan 14, 2014
Media
Delanco, N.J.
Parrots
double yellowhead
chaco bluefront
yellow nape
Whahahaha!!! Respect you deserve?? Humpff!! They will respect you for picking up after them...maybe....if you're lucky...and you give them treats and cuddles ;)
Jan. 28, 2014

Mine doesn't mess with his food at all, all foodie messes are contained in the cage. But he tosses toys everywhere (which then prompty get stolen by my pug puppy) and poops just anywhere his heart desires ;)
My toys are all hanging in the cage so none of them can get out onto the floor. Actually the birds aren't really that bad. They eat most of their custom blended seed and only some fall out onto the floor. However,when I had Macaws and Cockatoos, goodness were they messy. Out of sight , out of mind. Kudo's to the Zons. They actually get an A+ for seed throwing.

OP
Motogordo

Motogordo

Jan 14, 2014
Media
Delanco, N.J.
Parrots
double yellowhead
chaco bluefront
yellow nape
Jan. 28, 2014

As far as putting paper on the bottom, I use to do that years ago when I had parakeets. These Zons, on the other hand reach through the grate and pull up all the paper, so that is not good. I did use that plain paper that you show before. I got it from the moving companies, since I was once working in their building. It was free. The cages I use have only about a inch or so between the grate and the floor. Other cages I have had there were 4-5 inches of space and the birds couldn't reach the paper.

Most Reactions