discolored beak

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
So we went to the breeders to see our baby today. We picked a 7 week old, who should be coming home in 2-3 weeks. Anyways he had 5-6 babies and we had our pick of two so he brought the two available babies out for us and they had just ate but both of them had pink discoloration on their beaks. I tried rubbing it but it wasn't formula it was discoloration of it's beak.

Is that normal?

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Nothing to worry about. I have 2 sun chicks around the same age & they still have pink on the beak. their beaks haven't completely turned black yet.

OP
jewels04

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
Thanks! I just wanted to be sure. I am soooo excited to bring our new baby home. He/she was very nice when we met them. Loved chewing on my fingers and nails and I taught him to step up in like 5 minutes. We already named the baby JJ a few weeks ago. So we're hoping in 2 weeks our new baby will be home with us.

Oh the bird in my avatar that is going to be our new baby JJ .

Most Reactions