Do your Sun Conures Enjoy Showers/Baths?

DoubleTake

May 31, 2017
South Orange County, California
Parrots
2 Sun Conures.

R.I.P Lily 3/1/2018 - You were my sweet baby.
I think if it was up to them my guys would take a bath every time they dried themselves off... so like every 2 hour. Here is them having fun at my parent's place. We rebuilt the aviary since this video so it looks a lot nicer now.

[ame="https://youtu.be/t-x3MuVNjNs"]https://youtu.be/t-x3MuVNjNs[/ame]

Skidood

Aug 11, 2017
Media
Albums
Toronto
Parrots
Yellow-sided GCC
My GCC generally wants to have a bath/shower every day in the kitchen sink. Yesterday the water got a little too cold for her and she appeared to "have had a chill' for a few minutes afterwards.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Mine want a bath everytime they hear water running anywhere in the house :). But they don't like water spray so end up bowl-bathing. I had to add an extra large water dish to their cage so that they don't bathe in their drinking water bowl.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Here in the UK we are having some cooler days and the bath time has become more irregular. I offer the tap several times a day in case but often he looks and then shoots up my arm. So I guess that's a no then!

Some time each day he takes the plunge and it's a mixer tap so I can't always get the temperature the same. He has gone off his bath bowl, and runs from a spray, so it is usually the tap he goes for. Yesterday I managed to get the water just off tepid and the look on his face was a picture. We were messing about for over 20 mins. I had arm ache at the end.

I just wish he would stop putting wet footprints all the way up to my shoulder and then shaking in my ear! I end up wetter than he is!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Sun conures are what you call 'water babies'. They LOVE the water. In fact, if you don't provide bathing opportunities or a bathing dish then they are likely to bathe in the drinking water. Skittles LOVES baths and would probably live in the water if he could. lol.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Like Skittys Daddy said I think all conures are part duck. Mine the other day crawled down my arm and started trying to take a bath in an Ice tray I was filling. *sigh*

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Also Skidood my bird will shower in lukewarm, but also likes cool water and will look all chilled for a while, but I don't think they mind it too much or he wouldn't jump under the cold water. When I have a choice i put it about room temp, he seems to prefer it best.

Chuy62

Mar 7, 2017
Chuy likes to bathe maybe a couple times a week...but he won't do it unless his cage is outside....I put him out on the patio 3-4x a week......but the only water bowl he has is his drinking water...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Notdumasilook

Jul 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon, Cookie..Sun Conure..lil Booger (RIP) Have owned Parakeets, lovebirds, cockatiels, cockatoos, pocket parrot, and quakers.
I keep a blow dryer plugged in next to Boogers cage...he loves getting blow dried. Hes not well and no body fat means he gets chilled easy....so blowdrying is a must. Now... my BFA demands to be blown dry too... hah. Thanks Booger!!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Like Skittys Daddy said I think all conures are part duck. Mine the other day crawled down my arm and started trying to take a bath in an Ice tray I was filling. *sigh*

That also might explain the 'duck quack' noise they often make. lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts