does your parrot knows when youre coming home?

elseg

Oct 31, 2010
Hermosa Beach, Ca
Parrots
hawkhead
my neighbors say that they can tell when i leave and when im coming home because apparently, my bird only makes noise when im leaving my house, and supposedly, 5 minutes before i come home.
I was aware that certain pets/animals such as dogs and cats can "sense" when their owners are near and/or coming home, but I didn't know that parrots/birds share this same "sense".
I wonder if they just hear the car or whatnot.. idk. 5mins is pretty far away in a car tho :D not to mention, i live on a heavy traffic road (pch), and my schedule out is random.

..just thought i'd share.

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Our Quaker knows when my boyfriend is coming home. She start her screaming and doesn't stop until he picks her up and says hi. Though she doesn't start until he pulls into the driveway.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
PCH! Have not seen that in so long! I use to live in Newport Beach. Pacific Coast Highway was the ONLY way! Amigo goes off when there is a car anywhere close to home, he goes off before the dogs even hear it. We live in the middle of nowhere and if your bird can hear you out of a thousand cars on the freeway,,,I would have to say, you guys are bonded!

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
driveway, sometimes not until I close my car door

Most Reactions

Latest posts