Double jointed?

Chunky

Feb 25, 2015
Parrots
Chunky the pineapple GCC
Frankie CAG
Is it normal for a GCC to be double jointed in the hips?
I have been laughing my socks off at Chunky today. He spends most of his time out of his cage, usually sleeping on my shoulder or playing with me. Consequently, he is none too pleased if i have to put him in his cage for a while.
I need carers to come help me twice a day, and always put him in the cage whilst they are here. (Not everyone enjoys fids) This morning i put him in just before the lady arrived. He was so cross. Running up and down creating one hell of a ruckus. Suddenly, he climbed the bars, stuck his head right down between his legs, turning his whole body inside out, so that his wings and the back of his head were pressed against the bars of his cage. He then started head banging the bars of the cage!! I laughed that loud the carer burst in the door worried i had hurt myself. :D
Is it normal for conures to be able to do this? Hes been entertaining us all day doing it. Its turning into a party trick!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Apparently it is for Chunky types ! ! !

But then I think I've always been impressed by conures....

Good story.....

OP
C

Chunky

Feb 25, 2015
Parrots
Chunky the pineapple GCC
Frankie CAG
Apparently it is for Chunky types ! ! !

But then I think I've always been impressed by conures....

Good story.....

Lol.. I have put him to bed for the night, but will try to get a video to post tomorrow. Knowing my luck he wont do it again.

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
Sheldon used to do that, not as a protest but to rub his back. He'd grab the bars int he corner and turn himself around and rub his back. Great story!

OP
C

Chunky

Feb 25, 2015
Parrots
Chunky the pineapple GCC
Frankie CAG
Sheldon used to do that, not as a protest but to rub his back. He'd grab the bars int he corner and turn himself around and rub his back. Great story!

Ha! I dont think Chunky has worked that idea out yet, but give him time. Now he has learnt his party trick, he does every time he goes back in the cage. I think he is a born comedian and appreciates the attention. The head banging has got harder and louder. I hope he doesnt give himself a headache!

Still havent managed to get a video of it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts