Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Has anyone tried Dr. Foster & Smith's Parrot Food mix? If so what did you think about it? My fids love it, but I mix it with Hagen's pellots. Just looking for anyone's advice if this would be a healthy combination. They also eat fresh fruit and veggie's. I have tried other mixes, but a couple of my fid's are very picky eaters. So this has been one that they like. Just want to make sure it is healthy enough.

OP
Mozzie

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Has no one tried this brand? No opinions?? Surely someone has an opinion.

OP
Mozzie

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Sorry, I don't know how to post a link. I am not very good on the computer. (getting better but still not very good) lol. It can be googled but I don't expect you to go to that bother. I thought maybe someone had tried it and might have an opinion. But if not that is ok. I am just trying to feed my fids the very best. Sometimes they have different idea's as to what that is than I do though (lol). Thanks anyway.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I feed all my gcc's hagens Tropicans pellets and hagens tropimix and they all love the dried fruits and corn. They also get fruits and veggies. Sorry I haven't tried the other stuff so I cant help with that.
And to post a link go to the page where the food is and copy the url up at the top and paste it on here in your post.

Last edited:
OP
Mozzie

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Thanks cdog. I just ordered some of the Haggins Tropimix. I already feed them the Hagens Pellets. So I will try mixing those two and see if they like it. I know Hagens is really good for them so hopefully they will like it. I didn't realize Hagen's had a tropimix. Thanks for your help.

pamcor57

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
Parrots
B&G Macaws &
Parakeets
I feed my Macaws Zupreem, Browns and Tropical mixes. Along with roasted organic nuts and fresh fruit, and veggies. Mixes are all different, and birds are picky eaters. I found my B&G Macaws love the Zupreem most. I buy all my food items from Doctors Foster and Smith website, they have the lowest prices of any store.

Most Reactions

Latest posts