Drawing "hobby" revived.....

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Drawing "hobby" revived.....

So I found my old portfolio bags~ it was like opening a time capsule lol

Here are some of my old works~ they're 14-16 years old [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

This one made it into the high school newspaper as well as into the display case in the art department before it was released to me lol (it currently hangs in my office) It's a "stipple" drawing~ comprised of nothing but dots

An osprey

Great horned owl

And a random horse

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Re: Drawing "hobby" revived.....

I love looking at these! Thank you so much for sharing with us Shirre. They're all so well done!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon

I love looking at these! Thank you so much for sharing with us Shirre. They're all so well done!

Thanks Julie!

It's weird to think these were done so long ago [emoji33] it doesn't feel like it's been that many years already lol

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")

Amazing drawings! I am so impressed!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Love the drawings, Shirre! Especially the tigers and the great horned owl! Was the drawing of the tigers done straight from your dome, or were you using something for reference?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon

Love the drawings, Shirre! Especially the tigers and the great horned owl! Was the drawing of the tigers done straight from your dome, or were you using something for reference?

That one was drawn using two tiger pictures as references

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Holy smokes, how on earth did I miss this thread???
Shirre, your talent at everything you set your mind to blows me away. No wonder the tigers were displayed and made the paper! Absolutely stunning!
I am so thrilled that you are drawing again, your gift should be shared:)So please keep the pictures coming!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/

Wow, absolutely gorgeous drawings! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts