Earning his trust?

OP
Sc0tt

Sc0tt

Nov 18, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
Red Throated Conure - Casper | American Budgie - Zeus (R.I.P)
What i've learned is the trick to earning trust is exactly that! TRICKS! have lots of training sessions with him! just not too much maybe 3-4 sessions a day:) about 15-20 mins each depending on his attention span. when i was earning my birds trust we progressed the most during training. i guess because it envolves lots of treats and praise and fun!! haha i used to be able to cuddle my budgie just like most people cuddle their conures here!! so i'd say it works quite well:)

Right on. We have been working quite a bit, it's kind've funny now because all we have been doing is step up in clicker training and he will do great at it. I always know when his attention span has run out because once he's tired of doing it he'll just stand around and repeat 'step up' very audibly to me. He's a little brat!
Sounds like a bird with a sense of humor. Trust me when I say you will notice him getting tamer. I had my GCC who is six monts old and was never hand feed for a couple of months and she is alot less nippy then when I first got her. She is sitting on my shoulder right now.

I hope so. The people before me said he loved sitting on their shoulder and never bit them so I'm hoping he comes around.

Most Reactions