Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
This is so cool :D. They're really pretty big! Do you expect all albinos, or will there be other colors?

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I know I've been peeking in nonstop to see who is out:D I've done my best to look into all the eggs to see what they are and it looks like 5 albinos and 3 het albinos.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
7LScO9Q.jpg

PiJjErv.jpg

t9ZGDNz.jpg

WHCF98O.jpg

5ZUBRiX.jpg

7AoOiYa.jpg

HqAOl3L.jpg

Everyone is out now:D

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
They are so cool! Did anything surprise ya? Anything special your excited about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Congratulations, will keep a watch out for hatchlings. I'm not into big snakes - anything large enough to eat my Yorkies is NOT welcome in my house :). Hubby has an albino corn snake.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
They are so cool! Did anything surprise ya? Anything special your excited about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surprise in this one! The first one has some cool markings though. I'm keeping the first one out hopefully it will even be a female. I figured the first one out in my first clutch has to be kept:D

Both of my platinum beauties are a bit of an unknown so it could be interesting in a few seasons. I hope to breed my platinum male next season most likely to my het albino girl. I'll most likely get a bunch of normals but you never know right!

Congratulations, will keep a watch out for hatchlings. I'm not into big snakes - anything large enough to eat my Yorkies is NOT welcome in my house :). Hubby has an albino corn snake.

Thanks:D These guys don't get very big around 4-6 feet is the average. They are just a bit thicker than most corns but otherwise there isn't much size difference. My 6ft male is a big Chinese beauty and I don't expect to have many get up to his size. Definitely not even close to retic Yorkie eating size:)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
So all the little ones have shed and 7/8 have eaten. I'm waiting on the smallest one (#7) to eat for me. Right now I swear he keeps giving me the finger every time I try.

#6 is turning out to be a real grump. Not sure where it got that attitude from since the parents are nice.

Last edited:
OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Some of these albinos are very orange after the first shed. I need to grab a real camera instead of my iPad but here is everyone! I plan to pop them Sunday to have a better idea of who I'm actually keeping.

gENTBlv.jpg

TNuT34B.jpg

8OSJutq.jpg

C0staeG.jpg

qYhYolJ.jpg

lVzIvM4.jpg

l4XltGt.jpg

yEb0OWi.jpg

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
#7 - my hold out on food. So tiny too!
mMaR9Ve.jpg

mOMiI68.jpg

yvdxaTf.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
WOW! SO many colours and markings! How are you ever going to decide who to keep?
They are so precious it makes me miss my snake keeping days:(

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
WOW! SO many colours and markings! How are you ever going to decide who to keep?
They are so precious it makes me miss my snake keeping days:(

I know it's going to be interesting! I have a couple people showing interest so I'll have to start deciding soon.

Do you not have room for them anymore?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have room, but just haven't decided yet whether to go back into them again. Do yours eat live or frozen food? I so hated the live feedings.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
All of mine are frozen. I have one ball python that just won't eat anything right now so he is neither lol

The little ones have started right off on frozen. I actually just left them in the cage and they ate them didn't even need movement to entice them....the pigs lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
LOL! All mine ate live and wouldn't even look at frozen, but that is something I would want to make sure of this time around.
I had a Ball who wouldn't eat anything for the longest time. One day he escaped and we could not find him anywhere. We moved several months later, and a couple of weeks after that I was going through a stereo stand, and found him behind the records! He was so fat! Must have found something he liked to eat in the house..lol

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I'm guessing you had no rodent problems lol. The ball pythons can definitely be a special kind of pita!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Never saw a rodent, luckily Percy did..

Most Reactions