Electric heater problem

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I had a thread earlier asking if electric heaters were dangerous to birds and it turns out they are. But I have a little problem. My bedroom is in the basement so it's gonna get colder down there than upstairs. So my dad wants to turn the portable electric heater down there on high in the next room from me. I told him that it's dangerous to the birds but he dosn't seem to care. I'm wondering if my birds are safe from the heater if they're in the next room. It's not air tight though.

Also exactly how much exposure to the electric heater would my parrots have to have before it starts become very dangerous? I"m sure like 10 seconds wouldn't kill them.

If it's not gonna work for the electric heater to be in the next room then i'm going to buy a bird safe heater for myself and get rid of that other one.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I think you have answered your own question. If you are not sure of the heater because of a telfon coating I would not take any chances at all with birds, even if the heater is in another room.

Most Reactions