Electrolized water spray???

gibson2503

Jul 11, 2013
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Apollo (8 years old Sunday conure), and Ari (7 years old jenday conure) and Cosmo 9 years old goffins cockatoo). All DNA tested females.
I just saw a spray meant for birds with only one ingredient listed. Electrolized oxidizing water. Is that even safe for birds?

OP
gibson2503

gibson2503

Jul 11, 2013
Media
Indiana
Parrots
Apollo (8 years old Sunday conure), and Ari (7 years old jenday conure) and Cosmo 9 years old goffins cockatoo). All DNA tested females.
Spraying a disinfectant on a bird sounds very dangerous. Thanks for weighing in. Tap water has been the only thing I have used thus far.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Absolutely not! That is water that had sodium chloride in it. With an electrical current, it is converted into electrolyzed water!
Same process in a salt water swimming pool! It breaks salt into chlorine and hydrogen! Bleach!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'm going to slide a bit to the product has 'limited' use in specific application that would be recommended by an Avian Professional. For general use, no reason to use it.

Clean, safe water is a much better choice and a far less expensive source for spray applications. NOTE: In those areas that recommend bottled water for Human use, that same bottled water should be used for our Parrots.

wisdommckay

Nov 5, 2021
HOCl - Hypochlorous acid IS ABSOLUTELY THE SAFEST AND BEST THING YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR PARROT! Our own bodies - our white cells produce HOCL to fight infection - it's organic and the BEST thing you can use for any pets! Google HOCL and Pets and you will see! Been using it for long time and it's amazing! I even use it for skin care and acne! Plus it kills COVID!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
HOCl - Hypochlorous acid IS ABSOLUTELY THE SAFEST AND BEST THING YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR PARROT! Our own bodies - our white cells produce HOCL to fight infection - it's organic and the BEST thing you can use for any pets! Google HOCL and Pets and you will see! Been using it for long time and it's amazing! I even use it for skin care and acne! Plus it kills COVID!

HOCl is NOT organic, no more so than the HCL produced naturally in your stomach. Theres no carbon associated with it :)

wisdommckay

Nov 5, 2021
HOCl is NOT organic, no more so than the HCL produced naturally in your stomach. Theres no carbon associated with it :)
The HOCL that I use is organic.. Even the world health organization says itā€™s organic. Our own white blood cells produce HOCL in our bodies - thatā€™s pretty organic.

Attachments

• CD98F9F7-33B9-4F28-A39C-419E2FBE5703.png
    CD98F9F7-33B9-4F28-A39C-419E2FBE5703.png
    75 KB · Views: 56

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
World Health Organization was once considered a great source. Sadly, that time has past.

Being able to 'kill' Covid is questionable. Covid not being able to survive in it, would like be the correct statement.

Clean, old fashion water is a much better choice.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
The HOCL that I use is organic.. Even the world health organization says itā€™s organic. Our own white blood cells produce HOCL in our bodies - thatā€™s pretty organic.

ā€œorganicā€ is not the same as naturally occurring, which I think is what youā€™re actually trying to say. Especially when you are talking about acids.

Bit of Chemistry 201: there is an entire branch of chemistry called Organic Chemistry. For an acid to be considered an organic acidic, there essentially must be a carbon atom associated with it.

as for the other use of the term, organic is traditionally used to describe crops grown without pesticides and synthetic fertilizers.

As hypochlourous acid is neither carbon associated nor a crop, unfortunately the term ā€œorganicā€ here is mistaken in several ways.

Any commercially available hypochlorous acid is decidedly synthetic in origin. Is it naturally occurring? Sure, you can call it a natural product. Organic? Absolutely not.

Most Reactions

Latest posts