Fargo's room 2014!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
I thought everyone would like to see Fargo's room! I always get asked on his facebook for a full view of his room!

So...

Usually i have lots of leaves and flowers in there for him!

As you enter! Fargo wanting to be in the picture haha

The smaller natural gym where he eats, and the atom and double natural swing above! My chair/bed to the left.. His cage to the right!

My chair/computer.. Fargo has the boing above it, so he can hang down!

This is where he sleeps, on a double swinging perch thing!

The other side of the room.. In a picture, this side of the room looks terrible, all cluttered?

It is because its kinda in layers, so it all looks like its in one heap?

Everything is placed so perfectly in my room, everything has even widths, it is brilliant.. A picture really ruins it and makes it look bad

But, cargo net in corner, tree at window, cat gym on wall side..
Hoop hanging down, natural ladder and natural bridge attaches from the chain to the gym!

Underneath the cargo net is a tree branch, which then connects into the walk in warddrobe, where he plays and usually sits in the mornings before i wake up!

See, there is a gap of about 1.5m between it all, it is just hard to see that from a side point of view!

He loves his natural nuts and pods

It looks sooooo much cleaner and cooler in real life, but yes, that is Fargo's room!

It is also his birthday next week, he has 2 parcels coming in the mail haha ;) Woo

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's a wonderful environment for him Tab! Super lucky Fargo :D
Doesn't look too easy to move now!!

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
Lots of things to do in there, that's for sure. Looks like he has loved the cat tree lol.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Me and Barney and Madge and Dommie will be moving in shortly. Budge up, Fargo, and make room for us! :D

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Super awesome Birdy digs!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Fargo is in heaven
Any bird would love to be living there
So nice to know a guardian would do anything and everything for their fids

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Wow.....did you added more stuffs since last time??? That looks like a jungle, Fargo have it all!!!! :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks guys!! :D He is a very spoilt boy.. Getting a new bunch of toys next week! ;)

I like keeping him occupied :) Don't want to have a bored birdy!

Mikey i don't think so, the natural play gym under the atom is new! But nothing else! Just moved everything around

Nothing is up super high except around the edges, because it gives him a good flight path in the center :)

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
I soooo hope we are able to do an outdoor aviary/house for our birds one day, that is like this! I love it. If I ever go to austrailia far his room will HAVE to be one of my tourist destinations. I talk about him enough....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I won't show this to my fids - not EVER, as they would surely pack up and move out, GPS in tow, in hopes of finding YOU and Fargo. :54:

I call that room "Labor of Love". :D So well thought out, and SO nicely put together!!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort you have put into that room.....it just shows how MUCH you LOVE Fargo.....amazing Tab!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hehe thanks everyone :eek:

I would like some more hanging gyms for around the edges, but Australia doesn't sell any! There are some nice ones in America, so might just have to save up ;)

I think Fargo wouldn't mind sharing with a few other birds :p hahaha

His toys which are coming are just these big hoop shredding things, acrylic foraging toy, wooden foraging toy, and just some pine and yucca wooden toys!

So will hang them on his big natural tree, because that is starting to look bare! :D

Oh Beth there is nothing i wouldn't do for Fargo! People probably think, how can you let a bird take over your whole room.. Well he makes me very happy, and we get along like 2 best friends, so it all works out!:09:

I think this is also one of the reasons Fargo is like he is, i guess not many macaws share bedrooms with people!! :54:

Oh i forgot to say, his curtains do get opened, looks like a cave with it all dark and shut! But it is hard to view everything with the bright light coming in through the windows.. and during summer, when we are havign 40+ degree heat, my room is at the edge of the house, so it gets boiling hot if i leave curtains open and the sun blazes in!! So curtains are open at specific times :rolleyes: but he goes outside on his harness each day, so gets lots of sunshine anyways

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Love it !!!looks like lots of natural light too :)

yann

Oct 19, 2013
it looks really reaalllly gooood ^^ but my mom will probably throw me and the fids out if i ever attempt anything like this hahaha

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
it looks really reaalllly gooood ^^ but my mom will probably throw me and the fids out if i ever attempt anything like this hahaha

HAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

My mum doesn't mind, she thinks it is funny when Fargo climbs around and hangs off everything trying to get to her..

My dad on the other hand :54: He never comes in, so he doesn't know what it looks like...

But they want to build me a little house kinda thing, instead of us being in the house ;)

Which means moreeeee space to put stuff in :09: :22:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
funny you should mention the two of you are like best friends, because Fargo is in your room, your like room mates and it makes SUCH a difference.....
(I just had a aha moment):21:

all of my pets(Halo, Num Num, Tundra, Kahlua etc...) are in our bedroom as well, and we just hang together all the time.

does Fargo hang in other parts of your house or just in your room?

Most Reactions