February POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
My entry is dedicated to gabby...a bird who never knew what love was til i arrived.20 plus years in an outside cage with little interaction.he now smiles when he sees me.

Attachments

• 20160806_101809.jpg
    20160806_101809.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 237

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
That *ISZSZSZSZ* a smile, like... "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!"

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
This is a photo of my Vinny I use as a background on my laptop. :rainbow1:

I took it with my big Nikon, I'm trying to be a photographer....But the only thing I seem to photograph are my parrots...:eek::p :rainbow1:
They're just too cute and photogenic!

Thanks!

Great shot of Vinnie, he looks really happy, and the light in his eyes is sparkling.

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I think this might be my entry.
Elvis wanted rubs as I give them food and water, so why keep it from him?

900bff4c4c15000202e7a2fc2598e16d.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Freebird1969

Feb 20, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Coco (Pitball) oven ready female Citron Cockatoo,
Suki, soppy soft and silky female MSC,
Oliver Belly (Cuddle Monster) Male U2
Bandit & Gizmo (green goblins) Lineolated Parakeets
Oh I do love competitions and seeing everyone's photos :D

Oliver wanted to show all the birdy's out there that green stuff can taste really good as well as being healthy, he also said that all birds should help when it comes to chopping up the CHOP lol

IMG_6969.jpg
IMG_3525.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Oh, yeah, I bet the new friend would LOVE to "PLAY" with Rio!

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
Outdoor bird brought inside. This is Posey a bantam Old English Game hen who was injured and spent 2 weeks recovering in the house in special and fashionable diapers I made her. She made herself right at home and her favorite perch was on the computer screen.

taprock-albums-birds-picture17716-img-1373.jpg

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Impressive fowl.

Here's a just-for-fun video. Speaking of parrot love........ Check this little guy out.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzI8l0Vbz1E"]Two Parrots in Love - YouTube[/ame]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Rival, that was a priceless video! A good thing humans don't behave like that! :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Rival, that was a priceless video! A good thing humans don't behave like that! :D
Ha! There are quite a few who do!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I'm hoping the little Quaker is giggling in school-girlish glee at the rude Ringneck.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm hoping the little Quaker is giggling in school-girlish glee at the rude Ringneck.

That's just the impression I got, too! Notice she didn't go anywhere. Just bobbed with more and more excitement with each kiss. Lol!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Ok here is a pic of part of Salty's chain link 'highway' , festooned with his favorite toys. it's how he gets around the house, since he is not flighted. The chains go from his cage to his round hanging boing to the couch to the TV area and back to his cage. WHen he wants to he runs a marathon on them. He almost never plays on his cage top and never in his cage. The cage is for sleeping and for his water and pellets. Salty gets his lunch ( fruits) and dinner( veggies) in a bowl on his round boing. He loves his chain highways, sometimes hanging by one toe as he sings his "I'm a Amazon" song.

Oh I am so going to steal some of that idea for Gus! I will probably thread something stiff through the big plastic chain I got because he falls too much, but I love the idea of giving him some independent mobility. Great setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions