Finally eating corn but why mine????

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
So since I brought home my AG I have been trying to introduce her to all sorts of vegies and fruits. Well we have no problem with fruits since they are sweet and tasty. But vegies is a completely different story. For example corn. I gave her alllll sorts of corn: cooked, not cooked, small pieces, big pieces, tried to eat the corn in front of her and show here how I enjoyed it ect. ect. nothing worked. So I gave up and yesterday bought a corn for myself only, well guess who decided to join my meal...You are right "Miss do the opposite" decided that corn was here most favorite food and ate my corn:32:

lotosha-albums-tosia-picture6736-100-0582-copy.jpg

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I guess your going to have to buy corn for two from now on:D

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
Because it yours :p Odin will do the same, give him exactly what I have (minus the salt and butter) and he wants to be on my plate

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Yours probably taste better:)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
There is a saying Monkey see Monkey do LoL

When ever offering Mishka something new, I have to eat it first, otherwise he refuses to even taste it. When weaning him, I also had to first eat the pellets, they are really yuck, but fooled him and showed him how much I enjoyed them.

Works 99% of the time.

OP
lotosha

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
Because it yours :p Odin will do the same, give him exactly what I have (minus the salt and butter) and he wants to be on my plate

That's right. I can sing to my bird, dance to her, speak to her, but nothing will get her attention better that the plate I hold... LOL

OP
lotosha

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels

When ever offering Mishka something new, I have to eat it first, otherwise he refuses to even taste it. When weaning him, I also had to first eat the pellets, they are really yuck, but fooled him and showed him how much I enjoyed them.

Works 99% of the time.

The interesting thing is that I tried this tricked but it didn't work then. Only when I truly decided to eat a corn by myself she was suddenly there. Maybe that's because I am not very talented actress. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Works 99% of the time.

The interesting thing is that I tried this tricked but it didn't work then. Only when I truly decided to eat a corn by myself she was suddenly there. Maybe that's because I am not very talented actress. :)

Of course you must be a good actress, she did what you did and eat it.
:grey:

Most Reactions

Latest posts