Finally heard her speak!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
So I was sitting here watching episodes of beavis and butthead(yea, I know lol) on the computer and ziggy randomly started talking up a storm! Her previous owner told me that she would talk and that she sounded like a muppet but until tonight she hasn't actually said anything. I couldn't make out everything she said, she was really quiet and would only talk if the show was playing, as soon as I turned it down or paused it she would stop lol. She was laughing and saying what sounded like "whatcha doin' ?'" and "good boy" which makes sense because her previous owner thought she was a he lol. It was the cutest thing, I was laughing so hard I literally had tears coming out. And when she told me that she sounded like a muppet I don't think I fully understood until now, but she actually does sound like a muppet lol, she has such the cutest little voice! I just had to share! I'm so proud :) I've always been one of those people that really doesn't care whether a bird talks or not, and I kind of get offended when that's the first thing people ask me, as if they are some walking sideshow or something, but it's always pretty cool when they do.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
That's cool. You know that means she is settling in very nicely.

When i had Alex's all 4 birds talked. I didn't expect them to, just that i am such a chatter box myself I guess they couldn't help but mimic me.

Even now when one of my babies say hello at 3 months i get so excited. Must be a parrot carers thing. LOL.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Oh how fun.....don't you just love listening to them....my hahns is always talking but at night when he crawls in his tent he just rambles on and on very quietly...it is so dang cute.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
It was great but today she decided that she was going to scream her head off until I finally turned some music on, now she is content. It's so weird, she went from being super quiet to letting out a yell if either of us left the room, to talking for the first time(with us anyway), then incessant screaming today. Oh how I love parrots :) lol The music seems to really help, thank god for pandora radio lol

Most Reactions